Members only

Should we ask Nick to make the Florida section a members only section?

We get lots of interesting comments from non-inspectors and non-Inachi people about the crazy comments on this section. Should we request that there be a non public section to vent about our issues? Yes we have issues!:stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, there is a lot going on here. Some of which I wish was not public.

Yes. Great Idea. I heard that somewhere before. HMMMM.

Not because anything embarrasses me or us. I just believe it would keep others from sounding off on topics that do not affect them.

It would also be a place where Florida members could chat openly with other Florida members and not worry about the public. I personally do not care what the public thinks about what I post but I believe a great many do not ask questions or state what they believe because they worry what will be thought of them.

Oh yeah now I remember where I heard this idea before. After this is posted no one will want to do this great idea. Sorry John.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f2/do-you-want-members-only-section-each-state-56481/

I’d be against a FLORIDA only section as I see some good posts from other areas on a regular basis, but a members only section might be a very good idea. I know alot of people will troll and not post here due to some of the rough responces given on this MB.

Actualy now that I think of it most of the posts I’ve read that weren’t fit for public consumption were by Joe F.

How unethical…

You are the main reason I have brought this up again. Sorry, but it is the truth. I agree with you passion, but wonder if you think about what others think or how it may affect others. We know you say, you do not care what they think, and it is apparent. This issue for me is two fold. 1- Once a point is made by someone they should move forward. Repeating a point insistently does no one any good. 2- energies should be directed where they can make a difference.
Grant to us the serenity of mind to accept that which cannot be changed; courage to change that which can be changed, and wisdom to know the one from the other*

Any inspector that acts with anything less than the utmost professionalism disparages the organization and other inspectors.

I agree with John
Just google your business and see how many nachi posts that you have commented on are near the top of the list. Even if you are being professional in your comments, all it takes is a couple of members making crude, disparaging or unprofessional remarks in that thread about insurance agents, homeowners etc and you are linked to it forever!

We have the best forum in the industry. Why are they all watching? I think its better left public. Plus all the yahoos show there true colors for everyone to see.

It does not seem to affect me in a negative way.

Many think I am beyond honest and will stand up for what I believe is right regardless of popular opinion. I seem to be able to at least get them talking:)

I have had many contact me for advice based on my opinions posted here. at least 2 a week. By phone or email. Plus customers seem to like my straightforwardness.

Just because I do not take crap from Internet punks is no reason to hate.

This board catapulted your career Mike, no?

I never noticed it was public.
Yes it should be members only .

I must give credit where credit is due.

You catapulted my career.
Thanks.

Ask a thousand members if they recognize my name and I imagine a great many would. Not many can say that.

Perhaps my greatest contribution to the industry? Maybe we should get a South Florida thing going Mike

Maybe…

I always go with the conviction that anything you put online can somehow or someway come back to you, for good or bad, so that is why I usually only try to chime in when I have something useful or helpful to say. My personal opinions on things I keep off of here. I say keep it public. If others wish to put their foot in their mouth, that is their choice. Just my 2 cents.

Mike I may agree with your messages but still not like your approach especially name calling.

I certainly can say you stand by your convictions.

Some times if it walks like a duck and craps like a duck and looks like a duck you just have to step up and call it a duck :roll:

I have spent a lifetime trying to be more politically correct and less abrasive and day by day little by little it is happening.

There was a time when I would say and do as I wished and that got me into some trouble in my day.

Then there was the point where I learned when to shut up and let the others run their mouths.

Now I am to a point in my life where I call it like I see it and try not to attack anyone unless provoked. When attacked I tend to attack quickly and without mercy to win the immediate conflict.

Life is an ever changing adventure and things never stay the same :slight_smile:

Michael I think the point is that you speak your voice and do so with great conviction and then let others clean up your mess.

Yesterday, the first item at hand was do photos cause personal injury and bob Farr had your back slightly then others more or less said it was no problem.

That being said, I firmly believe that the guy got this from this message board. You say it’s great that you were heard, but then you do not come to the meetings to defend yourself and your position. So now this message board looks like raving lunatics.

Your convictions are great, if they are actual convictions. Why would you be so passionate about something and then not defend it?

Please speak your mind and share your views, but then do something about it. If you do nothing then your just a whining inspector. Be, what you want to see in the world.

keep it the way it is. I belong to InterNachi and not the Florida Version of InterNachi and I am not interested in promoting someone’s little power play or their little version of “what is acceptable” which is way too apparent in the board already. Nick, if you are reading this, allowing specific “closed” boards is not really healthy for InterNachi in the long run.

Uh, excuse me. I am the one who elevated your “Brand” with my “The Meeker” campaigne. Perhaps now would be a good time to submit my invoice!