Message from Claude Lawrenson

Claude explained all about that last week. The NCP is not an association so it does not have bylaws. Most of the policies and procedures on in the Certification model document that is online and has been for almost two years.

Bill Mullen

Roy:

You know NOTHING about this issue or many others that you blather on about. You are a cancer on the entire industry the way you try to belittle anyone who tries to improve it for the rest.
You have been given hundreds of answers but if they don’t say exactly what you feel they should you consider them unanswered. You are certainly not making your chosen association or its members look good, but obviously you don’t care.

What a sad, pitiful, bitter old man you have become. I really feel sorry for you.

Bill Mullen

Glad to see Bill has again show his true colours about how he feels with those he can not intimadate or dictate too.
Too bad Bill you where doing great but as per usuall you can not stand the truth .and it shows how desperate you are getting when another of your dreams is failing .

Remember Whistler http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4935 Bill has a big anouncement comming soon http://www.nachi.org/forum/showpost.php?p=166560&postcount=103

This is just one of many things Bill was going to do and we are still waiting .
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showpost.php?p=133074&postcount=42
I am saving all of these questions and my replies and I will post a compendium of them every so often on this site.

Bill Mullen Originally Posted by rcooke I hope these answers be posted for all who Come to the NACHI site for information and not only be given to those who have communicated privately with Bill .

Cookie
Roy:

Am I typing too fast for you to read? Take a look at the very last line in my message.

Bill Mullen

This message has been deleted by bmullen1.

Sorry , Bill but I caught your message before you deleted it.

This is too Bad because Bill is not a bad guy and he is so desperate for his NC to succeed after the fiasco he caused with so many going to Whistler and the huge amount of moneys lost .
I still have no idea if the National is good or Bad as we still have no idea what the rules are where the money is going How much does Claude and Bill get from all this .

NACHI still is the best way to go .
CMI for me every day

… Cookie

I went to the site and all I was able to find was accreditation, mission statement, but no bylaws or policies per se.

I have never known any body association or otherwise not to have bylaws. If the NCP would have to be registered as a non-profit, therefore it would have to comply with legal requirements to have such documents. If one is going to be governed by the NCP I for one would like to know what I am legally bound to.

Thanks.

"You are given points for all of those things. If you reach the required threshold, no courses or anything else are needed."

DEAR SAD BITTER OLD MAN; :mrgreen:
Can you give us an illustration of how these points are awarded and what the required number of points will be?
</IMG>

HA! HA! Thanks George Every member started with a Grey square and when you make a post that a person likes for the help you have given they go to the top right and click on the gold star that is next to the Number of the post. This brings up a square that you can give I approve or a I disapprove for this person.
Please sign your name if you give a person a either some who give a negative do not have the decency to give their name . each + hit gives you a score the more hit gets you a green square if you get lots of Negative hits you can end up with a red square.
To see your total go to top left and click on Control panel and you can see who likes or dislikes what you have said.
You have two Green squares so It looks like you are loved .
Hope I have posted this well for you … Cookie
Add to Reputation: rwand1 What do you think of rwand1’s post? I approve I disapprove Your comments on this post:

http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/report.gif

10/30/07, 4:01 PM http://www.nachi.org/forum/image.php?u=1885&dateline=1164082031 George A. H. Luck

User Name: gluck Location: LANSDOWNE, ON Posts: 849

Re: Message from Claude Lawrenson
**"You are given points for all of those things. If you reach the required threshold, no **

</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Apparently you would rather mock me than get your question answered. So b it.

Bill Mullen

George,

I don’t think you will be invited onto the Canuck list now. Bad, bad boy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bill it is too bad you do not have a sense of humor.
It was obvious that post of Georges was directed to me as I am sure you have very little idea how most things work at NACHI.
I have been a member for many years and I sure have to get help to make sure of how things run some times .
Still sad but I have never been Bitter even though you have said this more then once .
Your jealousy is showing again Bill.
… Cookie

As Bill noted there are no “bylaws” for the National Certification Program. As indicated by legal counsel - there will be a policy and procedures manual released. It is largely based as I noted earlier on the “governance policies” such as that which was posted on the OAHI website in the members section. FYI: Governance policy equates to bylaw.

A large part of the governance impacts the associations that have “equivalency” agreements. To date (Inter)NACHI chose not to be associated - although invited by registered letter. Again it is voluntary. The NCP/NCA will not force anyone to belong. Those holding “equivalency” agreements are deemed to have shown an interest in the national certification program. Therefore those associations have access to information such as the “governance policies” and the approved NCA meeting minutes. Even at the current time, I am still involved in authoring the updated version of that original document to reflect the changes and amendments into a more finalized version for the conference.

For that and the position that I serve as Chair I am paid a fee of “nothing” other than being the Chair walking around with the target on my back. I will be attending the National Conference in Collingwood and again, nothing is compensated for my expenses. I rightfully will bear my own cost.

Both Bill and I have chosen to take that role and try to communicate here hoping it would help foster a better working relationship - even with NACHI - but it seems that reality was short-lived. So with that, if the members here feel we are flogging a dead-horse than I will zip-it! I cannot speak for Bill. Again that choice is in your hands. But it seems that some seek information, while others seem more motivated to chase us away.

Regards, Claude

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/cilp-pdci.nsf/en/cl00700e.html

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/home.nsf/images/cl_banner_e.jpg/$FILE/cl_banner_e.jpg

PDF Documents: Primer for Directors of Not-for-Profit Corporations

Hi Claude,

Claude do you mind if I post that document?

Thanks for the reply.

I certainly cannot stop you, however, as I noted - I am almost positive there will be some areas that have been changed - that some viewers may not feel comfortable with. One in particular deals with a recent amendment to assure that unaffiliaited applicants are reviewed by the National Certification Council. This was ammended to assure fairness and impartiality for members not holding membership in an association holding an “equivalency agreement”.

So in my opinion it may be premature. As noted in my earlier post - that 11 page document now numbers approximately 37 pages. And the earlier version will be misconstrued as the final word - which it really is not - because of the changes and amendments.

Regards, Claude

Claude I was under the impression that once the NCA was up and running CAHPI would be completely removed from the NCA and the NCA would be self funding with no further input from CAHPI?

I also read that the Provincial bodies will be responsible for administering the program in their areas. I believe this has been changed? Particularly as it applies to Nachi members?

Thanks,

Raymond:

The NCA is self-sustaining. CAHPI money and NCA money will forever be kept separate. However, CAHPI was created to own and administer the NCP, so CAHPI will not be out of the picture. CAHPI has merely turned over control of the NCP to the NCA so that it can run autonomously. (Sort of like a blind trust, and yes, it gets audited every year) After the free elections are held in three weeks, the NCA will be an elected body.

As Claude said above, and as I said a week ago, the provincial associations will be responsible for administering the program ONLY to its own members, and even they can opt out if they feel uncomfortable about it. The NCA will for now administer anyone other than those in provincial associations.

Now here’s a slant you might not have thought of. According to the rules, any association (not just CAHPI ones) that has signed an Equivalency Agreement with the NCA could also administer their own members. In other words, if NACHI had such an agreement, NACHI members could be processed through NACHI. That means the original application would be checked by NACHI to ensure it was complete. NACHI could then confirm that ‘John Smith’ had satisfied the requirements for the level that had equivalency (perhaps CMI) and John Smith would be almost done except for doing the TIPR.

That is what we would like to see, and it would give NACHI some real input.

Bill Mullen

:shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll:

Ummm…

I have a bridge I’d like to sell someone…:roll: :roll: :roll:

Hi Bill

Thanks for the reply.

On the surface and with not too much deep thinking on it, it sounds very fair.

Thanks,

Just to bring you up to date NACHI and CMI are not the same association and are further from each other then CAHPI and the NAtional Certification.

… Cookie

Except that the same fellow makes all the decisions and is the prime contact for both entities. (NACHI & CMI)

Bill Mullen