Message From Litigation Counsel

Originally Posted By: mcohen
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hi, my name is Mark Cohen and I am Litigation Counsel for NACHI and InterNACHI.

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and tell you that I will be speaking at the NACHI convention in February. My talk will be AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION: HOW NOT TO GET SUED, AND WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET SUED. I am going to explain WHY you need a contract with every client and WHAT it should contain. Sometimes lawyers just copy contracts from form books or other lawyers without knowing WHY certain language is included. I will explain the WHYS. If a client ever sues you or makes a claim against you, the WHAT can make a big difference.

Some great things are happening at NACHI and I am looking forward to continuing my work with NACHI and getting to share ideas with you at the convention.

NACHI keeps me pretty darn busy, but I have written two mysteries. These books feature my fictional alter ego, Pepper Keane, a former Marine JAG who guzzles Diet Coke, has little respect for authority, and loves old TV shows like Dragnet and the A-Team. My first mystery, The Fractal Murders, was a Book Sense selection. The second book, Bluetick Revenge, starts when Pepper steals a champion Bluetick Coonhound from the leader of a local biker gang. If you have read the books and enjoyed them, please tell your friends. Believe it or not, Time/Warner does not do a heck of a lot to market my books, so I need all the help I can get. I will also be happy to sign books at the convention.

See you then.

Mark Cohen
Cohen Horner, LLP
NACHI Chief Litigation Counsel
110 Snyder Street, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 617
Nederland, CO 80466

--
Mark Cohen
Cohen Horner, LLP
NACHI Chief Litigation Counsel
110 Snyder Street, 2nd Floor