Originally Posted By: jtedesco
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

icon_rolleyes.gif

I am not interested!

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Originally Posted By: aslimack

Shocking…

Never trusted those damn things anyway...

Adam, A Plus

Originally Posted By: gbell

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: ekartal

I have been told by several senior members and two committee members including a “biggie” that this is 100% true.

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Is there a problem with this? Has the content of a PM ever been revealed by a moderator? What am I missing?

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: James D Mosier

I would think that any person authorized by the owner of any site would/could have access to IMs/PMs as well as anything else on the site’s server.

I don't consider anything online to be totally private, but I do hope that so-called secure sites protect my credit card info.

As for NACHI PMs being "routinely" read by moderators, I have no idea.

--
Jim Mosier

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Jim I have a friend that works at a web design firm called the …Deep End.

Would you like to fax a resume?

How in the world can you ask if people have a problem with their PRIVATE messages being read? That is the worst response to any question I've known in my life. Unreal.

Erol Kartal

Really Jim, Cut it out.

Adam, A Plus

Adam,

Let's apply logic, here.

There are several non-members and members who have expressed a commitment to harm NACHI. We all know who they are. They are registered users of this message board.

Do you honestly and sincerely believe that these people, who share the same access to PMs as members do, are not and should not be monitored?

I don't think you will find too many people, other than these folks, who are actually concerned about having their PMs monitored. There may be a few exceptions, but out of the 6000 plus members, I think it would be less than 1%.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: tallen

PM’s should be just what the name implies. PRIVATE MESSAGES

eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif

pri?vate
adj.

1. Secluded from the sight, presence, or intrusion of others: a private hideaway.
2. Designed or intended for one's exclusive use: a private room.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Jim,

Lets apply some logic here. Those who are here to "harm" Nachi have plenty of other options, as far as communicating with one another.

Get a grip, man.

Adam, A Plus

I still see nothing wrong with it. Sorry. Maybe you’ll find others who do.

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

you will more than likely continue to use the system as you always have.

For those of you who are against this practic; Even if it was committed to you that it would stop, you have no way of knowing for sure. So you will probably alter your furture comunications method for sensitive items regardless if you get a commitment or not.

So I do not see any point in trying to pursue any change to current policy.

--

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: dharris

Interesting, How long has this been going go? Included in my conversation yesterday the nachi inspector expressed concern about bushart bashing other established inspectors " the Joes." Is that where the bashing information came from?

Bushart you don't see anything wrong with it? Is that the same thought you apply when you send numerous non stop harassing emails to non members that don't agree with you after they request you stop?

Harris - Stop believing everything Morrison tells you. Wait for the results. He has more to worry about than just the Massachusettls Licensing Board. He just doesn’t know it, yet. icon_lol.gif

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Does anybody still have the naive belief that anything is private anymore?

Even your phone calls are monitored.

The only thing stil private is face to face conversations in the wilds of Arkansas. (And even there you have to watch out for the alien antenna - ya know, the one toothed guy in the John Deere cap.)

Everything on the web is capable of being monitored (and retrievable) in some form or fashion, including Private Messages on ALL the message boards.

Google this:
phone call monitoring national intelligence service

A secret is no longer a secret when more than one person knows it.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: dharris

I’ve been contacted several times by nachi members requesting Mfg home info, new home warranty information, general HI info and questions about state requirements . With this new information , Effective immediately I will not respond to anyone from nachi about anything. I never questioned what org someone asking a question was from, but seeing that nachi appears to be member run opposed to run by members and nick don’t waste your time.

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

jbushart wrote:
Adam,

Let's apply logic, here.

There are several non-members and members who have expressed a commitment to harm NACHI. We all know who they are. They are registered users of this message board.

Do you honestly and sincerely believe that these people, who share the same access to PMs as members do, are not and should not be monitored?

I don't think you will find too many people, other than these folks, who are actually concerned about having their PMs monitored. There may be a few exceptions, but out of the 6000 plus members, I think it would be less than 1%.

Well that is rich. This is not the patriot act. The "moles"that you talk about have as much right to their privacy as do you. How can anyone justify the reading of p.m's on a home inspection board. Thats funny, I don't care who you are!

Deleted, I missed that this was not in Members only. ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif) I very much appreciate Jim Bushart for pointing this out. But, it could always have been moved by the moderator. Whoever that is.
I am sure he will investigate this fully.

I wonder who all read that P.M ? It was a pm b/c you didn't want everyone to see it.

bkelly1 wrote:
I wonder who all read that P.M ? It was a pm b/c you didn't want everyone to see it.

I PM'd him so that the info did not go out on the public message board. Thus far, it hasn't. I'm okay with it.

--

www.monachi.org

dharris wrote:
I've been contacted several times by nachi members requesting Mfg home info, new home warranty information, general HI info and questions about state requirements . With this new information, Effective immediately I will not respond to anyone from nachi about anything. I never questioned what org someone asking a question was from, but seeing that nachi appears to be member run opposed to run by members and nick don't waste your time.

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) I guess we will have to have Nick remove "calling dan harris for advice" from the list of benefits. Somehow I am certain that we will find a way to survive this loss.

--

www.monachi.org