Metal building is going to cost...

about 31k for 1800 SF (30 x 60) this includes foundation w/perimeter and one interior beam, #3 rebar. Two 12 x 12 rollup doors, a side door and a 12 x 12 open overhang on one side. Frame is 2 x 6 with eng. truss and shell is all 26 ga. steel. Works out to about $17.22 per SF.

Does not include electrical.

Seems like a decent price to me. Any advice? Is that a good price?

http://www.steelgaragesandshops.com/how_we_build.html

I’d say it is a good price. I looked into a similar building in NJ years ago when I was a partner in a remodeling/cabinet biz. It was at least twice that much, and that was about 8 years ago.

Whatcha puttin’ in there John? All your fish?

Mostly storage but I will be digging a pond beside it (reason for the eave extension) and will be stocking tiger bass in it!

Looks like a pretty good price for the size and quality. Just for S&G have you compared prices with a full metal building like www.metalmarts.com or www.rhinobldg.com ? Their prices are for materials only I think, you’d have to add foundation & labor.

Mike,

I have not. I was happy to find an individual that could do it turnkey.

John,
Also check out Mueller Inc., they do turnkey stuff like you want. I don’t know for sure if they include the foundation work or not. If I remember correctly, they can provide the specs you need to give a foundation company.

Ready to pour. Moved the forms up ten feet because my neighbor complained his view was blocked. That’s the reason for the beam outside the forms at the back.

barnpad1.jpg

barnpad.jpg

So, that’s the barn that was giving you fits!
Looks like plenty of room for a walk-in beer & bass cooler . . .

Store your HI equipment in it and write it off as a business expense.

pesky neighbors anyway !

The pour!

DSC00140.JPG

DSC00140.JPG

DSC00143.JPG

DSC00140.JPG

DSC00141.JPG

DSC00142.JPG

DSC00146.JPG

The float!

DSC00164.JPG

DSC00162.JPG

DSC00163.JPG

The Frame!

DSC00210.JPG

DSC00209.JPG

DSC00208.JPG

Finished!

DSC00300.JPG

DSC00299.JPG

DSC00301.JPG

DSC00302.JPG

Su-weeet! That looks nice John. Now get it filled up with toys.

Nice looking building John.

Very sweet John. Although there seemed to be a lot of wood framing for a metal building.:wink:

That would be nice but I’m afraid I’ll have to fill it up with sh!t first. :twisted:

Hybrid? :smiley: