metal door Adhesives

Originally Posted By: Rafael
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

hi all

Can anyone give me a suggestion on what type of adhesive i can

use . My shower door handle is aluminum or metal and it was somehow glued to the shower glass door . Any suggestions would be helpful.

Originally Posted By: psisler

Contact the manufacturer for the steps of procedure to reattach the handle.

Patrick

Originally Posted By: away

Rafael,

Maybe the glue used to hold rearview mirrors on windshields. Most auto stores stock it.

thanks guys

Originally Posted By: James D Mosier

Clear silicone sealer.

I used it to reattach my rear view mirror after the correct stuff failed twice. After the car was totaled, I saved the windshield since it wasn't broken. About 6 months later a buddy needed the glue on "puck" for his car so I grabbed the mirror and yanked it off. I got the mirror, the "puck", the sealer and a thin layer of the windshield I had been saving.

Originally Posted By: Jay Moge

this may sound odd, but it works. go the the auto part store and buy some “rear view mirror” glue. it comes in a tube and is a 2 part liquid/gel epoxy made for gluing the metal pad of a rear view mirror (your handle) to a windshield (your shower glass door). use some painters/masking tape to hold it up over night and you should be all set. good luck. I know it’s been said and i used to work in the buiz so i can tell you, if you get the 2 part epoxy type (usuasly about $2 more) it will not fail. icon_cool.gif

Jay Moge thanks, that was a great idea and its holding well. James i

also thank you . i will try your idea if this fails. Greatly appreciated guys.