Mike Homes ,Home Inspection Program

The Paul Wilson course is specically an “Introduction to Home Inspection”…at least Paul Wilson lays it out truthfully on the home page!!!

" ***A NOTE TO ALL:

*While we have mentioned it elsewhere, we wish to make it very clear that…

No single Course will prepare anyone to become a Home Inspector - You need several !
We strongly advocate that you visit the OAHI or CAHPI-Ontario](http://oahi.com/) or the **National Home Inspector Certification Council *](http://nationalhomeinspector.org/)*web sites in order to gain an accurate insight into the process required to become a “Designated” Professional.

Our Introductory course offering, is as it implies - a starting point to gain valuable insight into this profession and what it takes to succeed."*

Here’s the one that that misleads the most…

“---------has all the tools to get you from 0-60 in no time.”

It implies that becoming an HI doesn’t require any large amount of time. Since when…this is as bad as the franchisors that have maybe a couple of weeks training, give a HI designation only recognized within their own organization, and throw them onto the uninformed public. SAD!!

Isn’t CANNACHI connected to INACHI and get some support “in kind”?

INACHI- training, “certification” (sic!) and equipment sales/advertising all under one organization owned/run by one man…any comments, Raymond?

Now I know where Damon (his lead man on the “Holmes Inspection” series) learned this term. I commented on it in one of the other threads here. It’s always good to learn from the master!!

Can you say C O N F L I C T?

Brian

If you are going to report something make sure its the meat and not the lettuce

http://www.home-inspectors.com/growbus.htm

Brian fill us in oh all knowing all seeing, all wise one!

now Lets see Mike learned from his dad But he has no Trade certificate ,
He Now has his three kids learning from Mike .
He has a daughter who
(" [FONT=Tahoma][size=2]His daughter learned how to do tile work in 60 days and is better than tillers doing it for 35 years…because she is passionate about it.

I guess that thinking doesn’t apply to home inspections though…just hire any tiller of the street that’s been doing it for 60 days that loves to do it!!! ")
Now Mike is a better Home Inspector then I am .
I a retired Electrician who mentored with my son about 50 Inspections took many courses Including part 9, Mould, HRV , Furnaces,went out with a local Supplier helped to install HRVs,Furnaces <Cleaned ,Furnaces, took more courses then I can count ,
And he thinks he knows more then Home Inspectors who have done this for years .
I must be missing some thing . I guess he is an exceptional learner or has many people helping him. He and his Kids can do dry wall Paint ,excavate ,roof, Plumbing’s ,Frame homes . Boy do I feel dumb.

Amateurs Teach [FONT=Arial][size=2] Amateurs to be Amateurs [/size][/FONT]
[/FONT][/size]

"what about the courses offered at community colleges now? are they not “accredited”? methinks myself and quite a few others are no longer qualified…"

Recognition as a Trade will take care of all these inspector mills as well as their unfortunate with associations, board members and owners. In bringing order to the chaos of home inspector education, we need to remove the corrupting influence of money or at least the appearance of it, from the market place. Only then, with the standardization of education with the enforcement of government can a student be assured that he is receiving the same education in Moose Factory that he would in down town Toronto.

A two year college level course with mentoring and apprenticeship is the way to go. I am just not sure that the Sault is the place for it.

JOIN US AT;
http://www.theahci.org

I see no problem with home inspectors offering courses/seminars as long as they are not mandatory association requirements.

Most instructors are experienced and have good communication skills; some are better teachers than college instructors.

People can decide for themselves what suits them; personally, I think there should be more courses/seminars available to home inspectors by home inspectors.

As for Nick offering free quizzes, they are basically free to members, so I see no problem there either.

Cheers,

I was teaching Carson Dunlop home inspection in the Sault college. I wonder how well educated the next so called inspector will be for the two year course. I have heard that it will only be one person that has all the skills. Can anyone tell me what organization he is affiliated with and how much new continuing education schooling he has done to take my place.
How many inspections has he performed. Did he go through the Carson Dunlop or another so called schooling.
I have not heard anything about the person taking my place.
I hope that since I am still listed as the “Instructor” at Sault College for Home Inspection certificate I will have a full roster at the same time this “Holmes Inspection” course starts.
This will be interesting to see who comes out on top.
There is a need for home inspectors but not in Sault Ste Marie and according to statistics not even in Ontario.

Kevin

Please keep us informed. Interested in those details as well.

Brian MacNeish promotes InterNACHI when he says:

Thanks Brian! InterNACHI offers 48 different courses: www.nachi.org/education.htm.

I’m going to add your quote to our education brochures. I’ll credit you by name. Thanks again.

](Free Home Inspector Training Courses & Online Classes - InterNACHI®)

To answer To Brians Question

I have no idea but this is posted at the Bottom of

http://www.cannachi.org/

-CanNACHI has no affilitaion with any other Associations-

To be really truthful, I think you should add that virually no regulated jurisdiction accepts your HI “certification” and that “classroom training along coupled with online training is the best educational mix”

Now that I seem to have your attention…why are some of my posts being censored again? Does the The Truth hurt?

I read and commented on the report from the education experts that you posted on the education thread…and again, you spun out a line that is not supported by the research…the highlighted blue text is what the best conclusion was…not simply online tests as is suggested/promoted by yourself continuously. Maybe you should re-read it!

"I see no problem with home inspectors offering courses/seminars as long as they are not mandatory association requirements."

I agree. But too often these courses are given witout making it clear to the students exactly what they are getting. What is stated, is more often than not, different from what is implied.

"some are better teachers than college instructors."

Interesting that you will** not** accept an inspector who is "un-qualified’ and yet
you will accept an instructor of that inspector, responsible for teaching him, who is not officially qualified. ( a bit convoluted, but you get the point)

Your the King Nick!!!
Thanks for the books.
I told you there was no need. I ask for nothing but education.
Are you scrutinizing Brian MaCN’s reviews on posts Nick.
Shame on you.
HA HA HA.

Mike Holmes is only ENDORSING the educational course. ENDORSING NOT CRATING.

Good catch on that Nick.
Has any of you heard anything about the new “Holmes Inspector” Teaching at the Sault College.
I would like to know his qualifications and what organization he is coming from so I can tell trusted people what to expect.:slight_smile:

I do not know of any support between Nachi and Cannachi .

This is posted at the Bottom of http://www.cannachi.org/

-CanNACHI has no affilitaion with any other Associations-