Missing gas meter

Around here those lids are dome shaped and 16" to 24" in diameter.

I do apologize, it says the appliance are equipped for natural gas but LP gas convertible with a kit. I think I’m confusing myself but that means it’s on natural gas correct? It’s been a long pass 24hours. Lol

Is this a townhome or duplex or something of that nature? Sometimes they group all the meters for the neighborhood in a central location. Otherwise, call the local utility and ask them where the meter is for this address.

No it’s a normal residential home and area. I’ll give them a call though. Thanks for all the info!

1 Like

Well the local utilities said it’s not natural gas so I’m guessing it’s a buried fuel tank or something. Definitely walked the property and didn’t see a tank anywhere.

2 Likes

They can be pretty small, like Michael said, the lid may be easy to miss, especially if overgrown. But it has to be there somewhere. Was it a big property?
Probably not a big deal, just report that you could not find it, and recommend seller verify location. I disclaim anything to do with the tanks in my report anyways

2 Likes

By design, propane tanks are often hidden from view so they are somewhat easy to miss. Appliances in my area of Oregon that are converted to run on propane (we have lots of natural gas) are labeled as such… or at least should be to prevent confusion. In areas where there is no natural gas I suppose the assumption is that any fuel burning appliance would be propane. Knowing the availability of natural gas in your area can help for sure.

I’m no gambling man. But if I was, I would bet all of Larry Kage’s money that there’s a propane tank somewhere.
propane

5 Likes

It has no meaning. The appliances are dual rated, but you have no idea if the LP kit was installed or not, unless the installer left a note (look for sharpie marks, as sharpies can be used to change reality).

Propane tank in the ground somewhere?

Thanks, Mark, you winner, you! :+1:

1 Like