Missing phenolic insulator: how much of a problem?

On top of this there is more of a chance of nesting for wasps and hornets inside the mast.

Never seen a mast that wasps could not get into.

Seldom seen an entrance pipe with duct seal in the bottom to keep them out of the panel .

This should help all to become more confused (" Hysteresis ") I have not seen or used that word in over fifty years ,strange how it came back to me.

Bob look up Hysteresis in magnetic materials

The insulator should limit the amount of elements that enter the raceway into the meter pan. It won’t be water proof, but it should limit the water and air entering.

Jeff

The weatherhead should keep rain and the elements out by design. If you are depending on the insulator to keep out rain, gravity must be different then where I am. Air is going to move through the insulator.

The main reason for the separation of the conductors through bushed openings has more to do with limiting abrasion damage to the conductors insulation. It does help to prevent moisture from entering the service mast, but that is not the reason for it. A drip leg formed in the service conductors is far more effective at preventing moisture intrusion into the service mast.

My theory on changing gravity is that it does change with geographical location. Depending on how much you eat and drink and how much exercise you get once you’ve been there a while.

Sort of like an object at rest remains at rest? Grin.

Actually …they follow the NEC very closely in Mexico and you just might see them begin using the NEC soon…I’m just sayin…:slight_smile:

Well Paul, the Mexican building codes are generally very good, it’s the enforcement that’s not so good, so in creating the electrical course down here I’m sticking with US sources of information and depending on final review by Mexican experts to complete the course. I don’t yet have anyone to perform that final review. Do you have any contacts here that might be able to provide that expertise? How do you know about Mexican electrical building practices?