Missouri Alliance of Home Inspectors Member Writes Book

I received my advance copy today of “Eyes Wide Open”, to be released on May 5, 2009 by Tate Publishing and available through all major booksellers, worldwide.

This book was written by Larry Wood and his wife, Lisa, a member of The Alliance of Missouri Home Inspectors (TAMHI) and InterNACHI. In addition to this, Larry has a Master’s Degree in vocational education and over twenty-five years experience in the construction industry.

The book is unlike any other inspection book that I have read, in that it is written for the consumer and provides him with 315 pages of reasons why he should hire a home inspector while educating him on the process of buying a home.

Addressed in this book - the inadequacy of construction knowledge of most real estate agents and their inability to recognize trouble areas making the most honest of agents a liability, the dishonest agents who will withhold the recommendation of a home inspection, building codes and their significance as “minimum standards” and not alternate methods, the different systems and elements of the home and what a consumer can find on his own before selecting a house to contract (with full color photos), and much, much more.

The pages are glossy, the photos are color, the content is extensive and accurate, and it does more to sell our profession to the public than anything that has ever been published.

You can wait until this book appears in your local bookstore (cover price $22.99) or you can order them from Larry who has a supply that he is selling for $16.95 (includes shipping and handling).

You can purchase your copy at www.missourihomeinspection.biz and select the “Eyes Wide Open Book” page. You can also send $16.95 to Larry Wood, 320 Ichord Ave, Ste H, #383, Waynesville, MO 65583.

The Missouri Alliance of Home Inspectors are proud to have Larry among us helping us to fight the “dumbing down” of our profession that has been attempted by those pushing licensing bills before our legislature. His service to the consumer, through the pages of his book and the excellent service that he offers as an inspector, are greater than anything yet offered in a House Bill, anywhere.

As a member of InterNACHI (not every member subjects himself to the message board), his accomplishment brings credit to the entire association.

Get this book…then link to his site where your clients can get it, as well.

It is without a doubt the highest quality home inspection book that I’ve come across. Top-notch.

Congratulations Larry :slight_smile:

Send a copy to every governor in the nation.

bump