Missouri HB 2057, HI Licensing, Finally Filed

I would bet the board seats are already chosen Dan you can believe it. They were in Okla before licensing dead line had arrived I personally tried to get on the board here and the Okla City crowd Ashi had already lined up. They actually were in place controlling input before the final draft of the bill was signed into Law

Dan, it would only add up to 4 members, not 5.

Say what you want but again I find it hard to believe that any of our guys would be involved in back-stabbing, scum-sucking, back door actions with the Realtor group trying to shove a 2x up our …

Just unbelievable due to our high fiber AND Standards, etc.

Beware of our former president, Don Norman.

He is very closely connected with the Missouri Assoc of Realtors, ITA/Kaplan, and is pulling most of the strings behind ASHI’s involvement with this legislation.

Rumor has it, he has already had his nameplate engraved for his board member position promised to him by a Mr. Licklider who is somehow connected with the realtor association in your state.

He is in the process of organizing what they are calling “town hall meetings” on this bill in different parts of your state. ASHI members from Missouri and surrounding states are being asked to attend every meeting to make it appear that there is widespread report for this bill. Don thinks that this will help it get through this year.

Sam Licklider is the head lobbyist of the Missouri Association of Realtors. Under the table he represented the c_ck fighting association in Missouri. What I mean by under the table is he is in contract with MAR and according to that contract he could not represent nobody else. A heard this information from a lady that was a lobbyist at the time. I have not heard anybody say anything good about this man. He is scheming and multiplicative. It seems MAR hired somebody with their qualities.

Yes.

Most of our work is being done behind the scenes. This message board is heavily monitored by legislative proponents.

I will admit to you in advance that some of the posts that are made about Missouri legislation are intended to mislead some of those proponents who come here to see what we are up to. I apologize in advance for this deception but in the end it matters very little how you played the game…it matters only that you win.:wink:

I would lobby the governor at this point. If the governor nixes the legislation, is there enough momentum to override a veto? I would enlist the services of a comsumer advocacy group, and oint out to them how licvensing our profession has never increased the level of competency in our inductry. I’d also lobby to make the licensing board advosory only, with no real powers.

If your state attorney general advocates for the consumer, meet with him.

If you have an inspector general, who investigates irregularities in government, enlist him.

Ahhh. I see ole busshy is playing the same deceptive games in his state, as ole nickey plays when competing for org members.:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I see nothing wrong with the opponents of the bill playing their hand in the same manner as the proponents.

In putting forth a bill that most inspectors neither want or need…presumably in the interest of the “consumer” who is totally unaware of it and could hardly care less…the proponents must create many illusions.

The first illusion is … “licensing is inevitable. Do not fight it. Take your pill and go back to your crayon drawings, children. We will take care of everything for you.”

The second illusion is…the bill itself. Get something to pass. Anything. It does not matter for the next session…next year…is when we begin to modify it to even better fit the special interest groups. That is when we will add the mandatory E&O, the common inspection report for all inspections, etc etc.

The third illusion is…grandfathering. Let everyone who is presently an inspector be licensed. The first time, anyway. Then modify the bill so that, by the time of renewal, all inspectors will meet the criteria established by the special interests who are pushing the bill…or not be renewed.

To fight these illusions, sometimes we must act as cunning and sly as the special interest groups who are pushing the bill.

Nothing wrong with that.

I guess in your book, the winner is who deceives, and who lies the best wins.:roll: :roll: </IMG></IMG>

Not really. If that were true, our association (ASHI) would be dominant and the NACHI association would be dying. Not vice versa.:wink:

Mr Griswald,

I noticed you havent joined the ranks of InterNACHI yet. You speak with some knowledge of ASHI. Are you simply trolling here? Or slumming?

Will you offer gems of wisdom anytime in the future?:roll:

I cant wait to see the “true you” emerge over the next few posts. :wink: Your post is like the old bait and switch.

I dont know who you are, but you’ve gotta be working an angle. It’s been a while since an ASHI member graced us with his true intentions up front. Let me cut to the chase, lest we waste more time.

Fast forward Charlie… Take a friggin’ hike

Geez Charlie.
If that’s really the way you feel about the HI org you claim to belong to, why would you claim to be, want to be a member, or recommend others to join that org?:roll: :roll:

I’m starting to wonder if you are really an ASHI member,or an imposter created by nick, busshy, or one of his other wonder boys.:roll:

Atta boy, tell them the way is is, you get em Joe.:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :smiley: :smiley:

You should know him, Dan.

He aint one of us.

Honestly I don’t have a clue.
Following his posts, I’m not sure if he knows who he is :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I just had an interesting exchange in email with the author (of record) of HB 2057, Missouri Representative Mike Parson.

First, I had written him and pointed out that his bill does not serve the public nearly as much as the special interest groups that are lobbying for it. The real estate salespeople expecting fewer “killed deals”, the ASHI members expecting to sell more NHIEs, more ITA/Kaplan courses, and fill seats on his board, etc.

He wrote back and told me that I must be a “terrible home inspector” to allow my judgment to be so affected by “propoganda”.

I wrote him back and pointed out how his bill is so bad that it proposes to license me, anyway, under the grandfathering clause, even though, by his own admission and knowledge of my being a “terrible home inspector”.

Licensing solves nothing.

Busshy, I gotta admit, that is a good one, if they are going to require you to get a lic. why not have a little fun getting it…:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

You have every right to be suspicious of me and my intentions, Mr. Farsetta. Thanks to Mr. Harris and a few others who use their ASHI membership as a means of overcoming their other shortcomings when they visit here, you are wise to refuse to accept me at face value.

Then there is the fact that my fear of retaliation from my ASHI superiors forces me to use a false name which automatically creates a very valid reason for mistrust.

I don’t plan to make many posts and I certainly, as my posts will bear me out, do not intend any harm to NACHI or its membership. I am responding more from embarassment that the only representation that ASHI has had on much of your board is the misrepresentation presented by one of its least members.

Mr. Harris was one of you until you decided he should be dismissed. Soon thereafter, he appointed himself as a spokesman for my association while the ink was still wet on his application. He chose to demean my association by leading others to think that he holds some prominent position…which he does not.

I will be proud to join NACHI…and am in the process of completing your long list of requirements in order to do so. When I do, I will still conceal my identity from my ASHI people to avoid their retribution. You people in NACHI do not understand the vindictive politics that comes to play in an active ASHI chapter when chapter members feel they have been “betrayed” by a member who does not support their anti-NACHI agenda, licensing agenda, or branding efforts.

Where I work, which is NOT in Massachusetts by the way, one must belong to ASHI to be able to work with realtors. It is a business decision that I am not very proud of, but one that I am forced to make none the less.

Please reserve your judgment until after you know me better from my posts.

Yup.

It is fun, but the real fun comes from killing the bill again.