Missouri House Bill 1723

Originally Posted By: pcarter
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

James,

Can you tell me about this bill and when is it supposed to be presented for approval.

--
Patrick C.
Town & Country Home Inspection Services, LLC
(Serving S.E. Kansas, Cruising the 169)

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Here is a list of all of the House Bills from the 2005 session. There is no 1723 listed.

http://www.house.missouri.gov/bills051/billist.htm

What is it pertaining to?

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

James,

Sorry, just got back from the movies. I was at a KAREI meeting today and it was brought up. It's about establishing a commission to regulate HI in Missouri. The A**I folks were talking about it and the Bill number was HB1723. I hope I did not write the number down wrong.

--
Patrick C.

Originally Posted By: psabados

Patrick

HB1723 flamed out late in 2004, nothing firmed up yet for bringing it back. However, one of the State Rep's was a little PO'd because an inspector pointed out some defects and safety concerns on one of the houses that his departed father had built awhile back. This one particular rep is also a real estate agent and does not appreciated the fact that most inspectors are not a full general contractor.

Here's the past link.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=458&highlight=missouri

Now, St Louis, the Heartland Ashi chapter and I do believe the Ozark chapters are pushing for licensing and control. Hopefully Dan Bowers and myself will be able to make it to the new Nachi Chapter meeting next month, and fill you all in on what's been happening behind the scenes. Dan is a walking encyclopedia of what's happened in the past and who's trying to do what.

Hang tight and maybe we can have a good discussion on the future and where we as members want to position ourselves and the direction we will take.

Paul

--
NACHI Vice President

NACHI Foundation, President

Convention Coordinator

Paul,

Thanks for the reply, KAREI is looking to do something in case Kansas HB2269 comes to life again (Its sleeping right now and wont die until after this year). It pretty much dominated the discussion yesterday. They are using the MO bill as a reference point and all I want is a copy of it to read to understand it better. I pretty much know the history from the past because the lobbyist that KAREI hired was there and spoke at the meeting. It was a good meeting to understand what has been going on even with the A**I influence present. So you might want to check with some of your KAREI Buddies. It's starting and I want to make sure as a small Kansas HI businessman that there is no bias going on to taint any new legislation proposed. If you know what I mean.

By the way will I be notified this time when the NACHI chapter meeting is so I can plan for it. I am still hacked about the last meeting where I wasn't notified that it was on and missed out on some good CEU's.

--
Patrick C.