Mold Insurance?

Just curious about people’s opinions about getting Mold E&O insurance. Since we, the inspectors, aren’t doing any real evaluations, is insurance necessary?

I you have insurance, mind stating through who?

thx,

IOUSA (Insurance Office of America), I have 500,000 of coverage (Mold) and to me it is expensive when you add Radon and Home Inspection to the yearly rip off.
Randy

Randy,

Are you doing mold testing? If so, what do you use for an agreement? I am looking at adding this service later this year, and have been unable to find an agreement sample. Also, did your insurance require any special wording in the agreement?

Jeff

Yes, for the most part I like to stick to the mold testing. I also do mold inspections but try to stick to mold testing. I use a limited mold sampling agreement (client specific). It limits your liability and if you happen to see something else then you can offer, add it in, and they can agree to it. Not too bad!!! I use forms from Environmental Solutions Association which has all the forms for different sampling and inspections. I am a member there and liked the training. I used to use Mold Inspection Consulting & Remediation Organizations agreements but not any longer. By the way I really liked the training I received from them. I had to have proof of Agreements for insurance, proof of training, etc. I will be more than happy to share any and all support, information, and what ever you need in order to help you. Just give me a shout. My e-mail is on my website; www.b-sureinspect.com
Best of luck,
Randy

Randy,

Thanks…I’ll e-mail you tomorrow.

Jeff