Mold law stays the same

So your saying getting as many people as possible to get a Home Inspection License in Florida without reguard to the experience is in the professions best interest?

You keep screaming law and then decide its bad when it does fit Nick. Same ole song and dance Nick. Use what makes you the most money and direguard the rest. You could care less about the public, the inspector or anything else but Nick. And thats ok, your a business man. I am in the service business and your in the commodity business. Two totally different directions and disciplines.

Doug Wall is right…when you do an air sample and the interior is 50,000 spores more than the exterior, what do you tell them to do? Clean 10 square feet of the house?..Keep telling people the wrong info and I hope you will pay their fines…

Nick we just see things different and thats OK, makes the world go around and around. What you have accomplished is amazing and what many thought could not happen you have made happen. My hat is off to you. We just see it different is all.

I hope Meeker fixes all the stuff he finds wrong. I mean its the LAW!

Am I the only one that remembers the DBPR panel, at the Orlando meeting, telling home inspectors, several different HI’s that they needed a mold license to do testing?

Where they wrong?

Nick and Russell seems to be on a roll but I do remember the DBPR rep saying that, someone else must have heard them, maybe one of the half dozen home inspectors that ask the same question over and over.

Someone could ask the DBPR to interpret the rule, but this is more fun.

Time get back out on the road, everyone have a good afternoon.

LMAO…so now your saying do an apprenticeship with a season professional puts the public in the same harms way as a person with abosultely no experience?

Once again if it the LAW you worry so much about being within then contractors should be able to repair the houses they inspect. But wait, that law does not benefit Nick…so we need to skip over that law and concentrate on the law that allows people who have never done an inspection to get a license. And Nicky boy will help ya out! Why? More silver for the vault!

Now what about the mold law? Well we can circumvent that as well, why? PRO LAB…Inspectors stop doing mold inspections in FLORIDA will signficantly put a dent in Pro Lab Income. And we know why Nick doesn’t want that to happen!

But now you ask, why don’t the mold assessors in Florida use Pro Lab?..Well, because they want to stay in business and repuation is all we have and we have to keep it squeeky clean.

We have convinced Realtors when they get a Pro Lab report to throw it out and get another test done and the remediation companies back us up.

There is always something driving every decision made…

Like they know what it is we do. :roll:

I feel just like !!! N O R M !!!

who hooo

Everyone knows my name :slight_smile:

Even if they ever see the light and let me I still doubt I would get into that stuff. It seems a terribly poor way to try to make a buck against 100 unlicensed guys for pennies. Not my style but some may want to and they damn sure should be allowed to if they are qualified and licensed.

Doug writes:

No, your memory is. Read the law. None of us (Russell, me, you, the DBPR) have any control over the wording of the law.

Russell doesn’t get it. I’m not saying the law is right, wrong, good for inspectors, bad for inspectors, good for consumers, bad for consumers or anything else. I’m just reading the law to you and telling you that home inspectors can offer mold inspection services in Florida without an assessors license.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

So then contractors can do repairs on the homes they inspect?

I mean since its not right, wrong, good or bad for inspectors and the public. I mean its the LAW so then it should be OK? Right? As you said its not YOU that writes it, its the LAW.

Nick I am telling you inspectors will get sued. I am positive of this. There are small organizations getting together and getting ready for the fight. Home Inspectors without a mold assesors license are going to lose.

You never answered me. If a house has a extremely high spore count at the interior VS. the base line then what? Just send the report without any explanation? Isn’t that more then 10 Sq feet of problem?

Keep telling people its going to be OK…and to keep doing them no problem. Being the king of the hill will have its price. Can’t wait for the first guy to get turned in and sued and when asked why he did it and he states "the imperial being of the largest Home Inspection organization told me I could. I mean the guy was quoted in the New York Times, Bloomburg Report, Wall Street Journal he is the authority on the subject.

Then when someone finds out how deep your pockets are…well we shall see the new Buggatti you buy the Cohen brothers while they are defending you.

IMHO, licensed mold assessors who have no home inspection background and don’t understand building science are at greater risk of losing a lawsuit than a licensed home inspector who understands the home holistically, who can legally inspect for mold without an assessors license in Florida, and who uses a fully accredited, licensed, and insured laboratory that provides the report on lab letterhead.

I’ll tell you what I’ll do. I’ll have Dayna keep an eye on every mold lawsuit in Florida and we’ll see if I’m right or if you’re right. Time will tell.

Want some liability-avoidance advice from a non attorney like me?

I’m a licensed home inspector and a licensed mold assessor in Florida. That being said, if I was practicing in Florida, I’d drop my assessors license. When I find a mold problem that is greater than 10 square feet, I’d say… with a slight smile: “Sorry, I’m not a mold assessor and can’t help ya with this one.”

For everything else, I’d be passing along the lab report… AS WRITTEN by the lab which tells people with mold that there is mold. :cool:

I went into a house on Sanibel Island the other day and it had about 5 feet of viusal mold present. Her air quality at the exterior had about 220 spores of Pen/Asp and the interior of the residence had about 56500 spores of Pen/Asp.

So now as a HOME INSPECTOR doing mold, what do we do? Just send the results without any description or plan of remediation?

Any remediation company will then tell them of the wipe down, the removal and disposal of textile items that cannot be cleaned, the HVAC remediation process and the air exchanges needed per hour for the proper remediation.

So now where does that 10 foot rule fall into place? I am being serious in asking.

Yes.

NICE! Thats HORRIBLE! Wow, you shock me more and more each day! You really could give a sh!t less about the clients and the public.

Way to go! Love it when these are in the public threads!

Sir/Ma’am - My name is Nick Gromicko and being a professional Home Inspector I am the prudent and smart choice for doing a mold test for you and should a problem arise.GOOD LUCK, I am not helping, giving advice or telling you what the results mean your own you own. Thanks for the check…SUCKERS…

Way to promote professionalism…

What is Florida defining as a mold assessor? This is where the confusion lies.
According to the IESO course I took years ago, an inspector can dictate what a lab report says. According to the ESA training I took, an assessor is the one that writes the mold remediation protocol.
Now, my Industrial Hygienist calls what I would call just a mold inspection, an assessment but he is an old fart.

James who really knows but I think it says Home Inspectors can test anything under 10 SQ feet of mold. But as you well know, many times the mold is much more than 10 sq feet. Its a nightmare waiting to happen. Home Inspectors here send of reports without knowing ANYTHING about mold. One guy said the house needed total remediation because it was higher at the interior than the exterior with NO visual mold present but 3----yes I said THREE more Pen/Asp spores at the interior than the exterior…

Its gonna be a nightmare…not that I really care I have both the Home Inspector and the Mold Assessor license…

You can thank the EPA, who knows nothing about mold, for the stupid 10 square feet rule.

This is what Russell Hensel says about not including remediation plans in inspection reports:

A little Home Inspection 101 course for Russell: “Remediation Plans” are not part of an inspection report.

Russell, when you do a radon test for someone, do you design a remediation system for them and include it with the radon test results?

Do you think that an inspector who doesn’t is “horrible” and does it “shock you” if the inspector doesn’t, and would you say such an inspector “really could give a sh!t less about the clients and the public” if they don’t design radon remediation systems and include those plans with every radon test?

Thinking you have to include remediation plans with radon test results is a newbie mistake Russell.

Truth is that MOST (but not all) of the people that were grandfathered in had experience. The people that come in now will only have to have the classes. Which is worse?

several times to several home inspectors[/FONT][/size]

Weak argument. There are EPA standards set for Radon and it’s limits. So when I had the results back of a radon test it’s black and white what needs to be done.

Mold is a whole different animal. What kinds of mold are caused under what conditions. What the different spores mean. Typical acceptable levels.

Weak weak weak…