At this house yesterday this was all over the back of the house. Is this mold? I know a lot of inspectors here like to use the term “bio-growth”. There were no issues found inside the house or attic. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.





Picture 3 & 4 is the beginnings of decay due to the lack of a drip edge. Shingles looks like they may be missing a starter course. I would stay away from the mold-word when it comes to exterior. It either needs paint or it’s already decaying.

Point out the issue and refer to a licensed contractor.

Can’t say with certainty it’s mold without testing it. But whatever it is, it’s on your leather glove in picture #4. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Whenever mold is outside, it is not really an issue.