More than 6 hand moves on distribution panels

Codes change every 3 years to sell books.

When it is the only panel that the Client has access to, it is their “main panel.”

That ol’ main service disconnect in the “main panel” sure does a good job of disconnecting electrical service to everything in the condo. Clients seem to understand that if they need to disconnect electricity to everything in their condo. that ol’ main service disconnect right ther, the one labeled “service disconnect,” is the one to use. Quick and easy, not to mention understandable to them.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Seems like they could take a lesson from the software companies then, and release new versions each year, updates, etc. Imagine:

NEC 2006 version 1.1.3.9.1a

That would be funny.

It just puzzles me as to why someone who claims to “educate” their clients, insists on educating them in ebonics :roll:

I know it puzzles you, and I can’t do anything about that because I seem to talk in a language that you don’t understand. However, I do specialize in talking with my Clients in a language that they understand. I’m not trying to educate any of my Clients to become home inspectors, electricians, plumbers, etc. I’m educating them about safety and maintenance in their homes. And for that, the easiest way to educate someone is to speak in a language that they understand. And judging from business and referrals, they seem to like that just dandy! :wink: I have no egotistical need to use technical jargon or post code section after code section after code section that is dull, boring, and uninteresting to the average person, just to prove that I know technical jargon or can cite and post codes. Just the facts, man, just the facts, and in plain English, please! :wink:

I also see nothing wrong with Ebonics if it helps people learn the safety and maintenance concerns about their properties. I wish I knew Ebonics, Spanish, and a few other languages. I could have 50% market share here. Of course, I might have to hire some resident aliens to help me. :slight_smile:

Ust-jay ot-gay up-ay om-fray a-ay ittle-lay ower-pay ap-nay, uring-day ich-way I-ay ad-hay a-ay eam-dray at-thay I-ay id-day uh-thay inspection-ay using-ay ig-pay atin-Lay. It-ay uz-way un-fay. I-may ients-clay ere-way impressed-ay at-thay I-ay ould-cay eak-spay eir-thay anguage-lay. :wink:

lol…ok…I was going to jump in here but hell I don’t know where the thread is leading…lol…so I wont…

Comment on what GREG said…yes to sell books is the main thing I agree 100% with this theory…

My other idea is to correct issues made in effor in a pervious version…lol…many times they use a newer revision to clarrify verbage that was not clear in a previous version…so they are ever changing and actually is a good thing…over the years I have seen some items go back and forth…they have good intentions…just wish it would move to every 5 years…lol

I would like to see a 10 year moritorium on code changes. The “churn” is worse than any added safety you would get from most changes. Electricity hasn’t changed that much from when Edison sold it and we act like the principle of how wire and switches work changes every day. The code was originally just a guideline for minimum levels of safety. Now it has become a marketing tool.

Greg, code book publishers, code teachers, and Navajo Code talkers have to eat too.:slight_smile:

So, thats a no on needing 6 throws on a sub panel (load side equipment). I think that was the original question.:smiley:

That’s a “no” (unless RR is inspecting your property).

True.

RR is lazy and doesn’t want to go down 50 flights of stairs to find the main service disconnect, nor does he want his Clients to do that. He also doesn’t want to depend on some yo-yo maintenance man when there’s an emergency at 2:30 in the morning. Give me a service disconnect in my condominium!