Move pictures

Just for clarification, I was talking about moving them in the add photo section, not the report body section / show photos. Example: I inadvertently put the picture of the water meter after the water meter cutoff valve and just wanted to switch the order of the photos so the water meter would show before the water meter cut off valve.

Thanks

Charles, moving them this way will change the order that they’re shown. Ie. water meter before shut off. The photos will show up in the order that you arrange them.

Dom, this is how they show up on mine.

That makes sense. It’s a combo of the resolution and page layout. Looking at it now I realize the scroll bar should scroll as you drag. Let me see what’s going on there.

I don’t edit/slot my photos until I’m done the written part of the report and it’s not as efficient to go back through each section to move photos again after editing. I know you’re not going to design the program around me. However, my personal opinion is that the most user friendly way to be able to move photos would be to have a smaller camera roll on the bottom of the edit photos section (approximately 10 photos wide and scrollable like you mentioned) in which a photo could be dragged across to it’s new location and simply bump all the other photos back one spot (rather than swapping locations). This would be very quick and efficient in my opinion, but obviously I’m not a programmer and have no clue how doable that is.

Not a bad idea but the photos in that section don’t necessarily relate to the order in the report (you could have related pictures at the beginning and end of 100 photo filmstrip). I’m trying to think this through though. Any ideas? Maybe two drop downs to filter that filmstrip? Maybe ditch the tabs at the top all together and make a giant filmstrip? There’s a lot of possibilities here.

That is the same view I get.

Which can be annoying if there are more than just a few pictures.

Now this sounds interesting

Maybe even something as easy as the photo slots being numbered, and a check box with the option co click “show before photo #” and a blank where you could type in a number value like say 67. This all sounds rosy until you do it with multiple photos.

As I said, I do the report first, then edit photos last to make sure I haven’t forgot anything. For my style. I really think if the “show photos/show comments” side bar was changed so that show photos was the full screen of photos, rather than still showing the clickable sections and damage panels and photos could then be moved around from there, it would be basically flawless for my method. Hope that made sense. Basically just clicking the button makes for full screen of section photos which could be dragged around rather than just the tiny small strip on the side.