MS Word question

Using Microsoft Word with a file that contains multiple tables, is there a way to referance a cell in another table. In Excel you simply type the cell adress (ie, =TABLE!$A$3) but how (if you can) do it in MS WORD without doing an embeded Excel file?

I hope I can explain this. :slight_smile:

I’m looking at office 2003, but I don’t think it’s much different in the past few versions. I’ll highlight the click options in bold.

Highlight the text you wish to trigger the reference. Then click on Insert, then click reference, then cross reference.

Here you can choose your reference type (which should be table in your case) & there are **insert reference to **options you choose in this box on the right side.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Carolyn. I tried as you suggested and I am able to bring up the cross referance dialog box and change the referance type and insert referance to but none of the selection will activate the Insert button at the bottom to acknowledge the dialoag box.

OK,

I think I know what the problem is. In Word you have to name your tables (using the caption feature under insert, references, caption) so the program has something to link to. Then you should see the insert option.

Here is a decent link on cross reference how to:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA011866801033.aspx?pid=CL100636481033

Maybe this time it will help. :slight_smile:

Yes, The insert button works now. Thanks again. I’ll play around no to get the info moved. I think this is going to work.

Darn system only lets me give out 1 green square :frowning: