My Business Name

Originally Posted By: pmagrone
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

My business is registered as “Home Inspections by Paul J. Magrone Inc.”

To shorten my name on my contracts, checks, and marketing materials I have used “P.J.M. Inc.” My insurance policy was written for Paul J Magrone Inc. Is this acceptable? My wife is concerned that using my initials instead of the full registered company name will pose legal problems. Is she correct in this case? Please respond so we could be confident in moving forward as we have been. We incorporated as “Home Inspections by Paul J. Magrone Inc.”

Thanks,
Paul J. Magrone
PJM Inc.

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

to Ltd or changing Inc to Incorporated for example is a no no

My corporation for example is registered as Hinsperger Services Ltd. and also has Hinsperger Inspection Services Ltd. as an additional registered name that the company operates under.

Originally Posted By: troberts1

hi Paul post this in the leagal section for Joe to answer. icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted By: aleleika

troberts1 wrote:
hi Paul post this in the leagal section for Joe to answer. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) What he said!

Originally Posted By: jferry

pmagrone wrote:
My business is registered as "Home Inspections by Paul J. Magrone Inc."
To shorten my name on my contracts, checks, and marketing materials I have used "P.J.M. Inc." My insurance policy was written for Paul J Magrone Inc. Is this acceptable? My wife is concerned that using my initials instead of the full registered company name will pose legal problems. Is she correct in this case? Please respond so we could be confident in moving forward as we have been. We incorporated as "Home Inspections by Paul J. Magrone Inc."

Thanks,
Paul J. Magrone
PJM Inc.

Paul -

To avoid confusion, you need to use the name under which you are incorporated. Your insurance should be so titled, as well.

Why don't you file a name change to PJM, Inc. and get a d/b/a of Home Inspections by Paul J. Magrone?

Joe

Originally Posted By: jbushart

thletic Supporters for Hopi Indians, called themselves ASHI for a while. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: Aimee Jalowsky

You can register your DBA name, (Doing Business As) to the shortened version, then make sure your insurance co. is aware.

Originally Posted By: gporter

Good info.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

The Legal Business name should always appear on the Contract between the parties.