My first Radin test :(

Originally Posted By: rzimmerman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

So I get trained by Radalink and take the Florida certification test. I order the Radalink monitor, which arrived last week. I set it up in my living room to establish a baseline for future checks. After test completion I plugged it into a phone line and presto, the results are sent to Radalink.

So far so good.

I check my email for the results and WOW 'You've Got Mail' ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) I eagerly open the PDF file and look for the results. Now remember, I'm in central Fl where there is almost NO Radon per the EPA. My short term showed an average of 9pCl/l with a max of 11.4pCl/l. This sucked. I'm supposed to find it in other homes not mine

Guess I need to start marketing to pay for that mitigation system Where is that old shop vac

--
Rob Z.
www.RZinspections.com

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Your suppose to open all the windows and doors 12hrs prior to running the test. Try it again, icon_lol.gif

NACHI MAB!

cmccann wrote:
Your suppose to open all the windows and doors 12hrs prior to running the test. Try it again, ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Rob Z.
www.RZinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jmichalski

Can someone 'splain that to me?

If opening the windows defeats the test....why do people pay a ton of money for mitigation? Open the freakin windows!!! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

jmichalski wrote:
Can someone 'splain that to me?

If opening the windows defeats the test....why do people pay a ton of money for mitigation? Open the freakin windows!!! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

A mitigation system pulls the gas from below the home and vents it above the home. Thus preventing most of the gas from ever entering the home. It does not vent the interior.

Opening the windows does defeat a Radon test. In most cases the reading will be lower than if the home was under normal living conditions. While too much to explain here the home actually acts like a vacuum, drawing soil gas into it.

People can open their windows to provide the same Radon levels as outside. but this can be costly if trying to heat or cool the home to a comfort level.

Hope this helped.

More info can be found at www.epa.gov

--
Rob Z.
www.RZinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1

Ron,

Take a deep breath before you walk in to the house. Don't exhale until you go back outside!!!

![aiwebs_001.gif](upload://tFHLCsx3ouHBxfh6sqkOSvXgwFm.gif)

Seriously, you need to get that fixed asap.

--
Jay Schwartz
Coast To Coast Home Services, Inc
www.Coasttocoasthomeservices.com
Southeast Florida NACHI Chapter - VP www.floridanachi.org
NACHI - Legislative Committee Member
MAB - Member