My Safe Florida Home Program

The state and some of the WCE’s have increased the level of input required for quality control coverage. It got to the point the dollar amount being paid to the inspector calculated to something just above minimum wage. Skytec was asking the inspector to find shiners in the non conditioned space and with a ruler next to the shiner snap a picture and submit. A bit ridiculous! Tme would be better spent marketing one’s own home inspection business.

Yes agreed they did up the requirements, but it is highly unlikely that the increase would have eliminated even one inspector from the program as most already exceed the requirements. Just another case of government pissing in a dark suit.

Hi Greg,
I am currently ICC B1 Certified as well as certified through the MSFH Program. Do you always use your ICC # to sign off on reports and if so have you had any problems with St. John, Olympus or Home Wise accepting your reports? They have been a nightmare for us, they state that unless you are listed on the the Florida DBPR website they will NOT accept it.
Please let me know what your experience has been.
Thanks,
Greg Roover
Windsafe Inspections

Maybe this letter & exhibits (attachments) from a South Florida Attorney to multiple government officials may shed some light on the issues with My Safe Florida Homes, the WCE’s and the battle that is being fought to preserve our constitutional right to work while protecting the public interests and our tax dollars.

This was in response to a letter written by Florida’s CFO Alex Sink asking our State reps to revive the MSFH program.

Thanks to all, remember if you agree with the attached contact your State rep in writting and protest the WCE monopoly.

Jose’ F. Uz, CRC, CPO, CHI, CHC, M-NFPA, FHA-I, FABI & NACHI Certified Inspector
President
Caribbean**[size=3]Realty Support Services, Inc.[/size]**