My Thoughts on... SB396

So…let me get this straight.

The poor home buyers of Florida are about to be inundated with inexperienced instant licensees who have never inspected a home…who will also have no standards with which to inspect by.

Boy. What did the citizens of Florida do to upset your lawmakers to the extent that they would create such potential for their financial ruin?

Are you being proactive in this regard?

Well said. Leave repair clause and keep licensing …

I suspect a lot of the newly licensed will be out the inspecting business before too long. As usual there is a rush to get an easy license so one can claim sudden credibility (that one always makes me laugh) only to sit by the phone playing cards on the computer waiting for the price shopper calls to roll in. I know for a fact there are more than a few local inspectors who are either getting out of the business or already out. Thousands of vacant houses sitting on the market (at least here locally) but most people are now renting due to the uncertainty of the economy. No one has a handle on when it will turn around. Like Joe B. said the other day, hope you got a war chest and something to do in the meantime.