My trick for building inspection websites that convert visitors into clients.

Charley complains:

Yep. You don’t want your site above the fold in the home page to look like this one: www.freedomexpressinspections.com :wink: Push a PIC or two up.

Also, white font on a red background is hard to read for some.

Is that why mine is taking so long Russell.:mrgreen:

Hi Russ,

After Mike McHugh (from HomeGauge) made websites for me back in 04-05 my home inspection business about doubled. HomeGauge makes great websites which work well.

You guys…

I understand Nicks logic. But trust me on this…

A. Don’t crowd your site.
B. To many images will slow down your load time.
C. People want the meat immediately. They don’t like eating carrots first.
D. Add 1 min video.
E. If your not mobile optimized your losing business.

And last but not least. I’ve been through hundreds of your sites and I’m getting many inquiries … SEO. If you don’t lay out your site correctly Nicks advice won’t help. My advice if you don’t understand the basics behind SEO and you don’t understand why you don’t need to crowd your site I would hire someone who does.

Not complaining I just thought from reading your post that those three magic words were all that were needed on your web site sure glad I did not have the time to remove my pic yet been to busy, guess My IR images must be working after all:p:D

Only if it’s 1995.

Hey Russell …

When is HG gonna integrate with ISN??

Never :wink: lol

Nick,

Chris should be telling you this stuff.

Understanding website load times

The load time of a website is directly correlated to the demand made on the server to load the website. The more HTTP requests made to the server and the longer elements take to render, the slower a website will be.

Examples of HTTP requests are:
loading CSS style sheets;
loading scripts;
loading images;
loading HTML.

Another factor that plays into the load time of a website is the size of individual files and images. Large, high resolution images can take 10x as long to load as normal images and unnecessarily large files can drastically slow down page rendering.

Take time to read this…

And another thing there are still plenty out there who don’t use high speed cable internet.

Billy, you don’t know what you are talking about.

If your visitor can’t download a PIC, how is he/she going to download an entire video?

Really? :roll: You don’t say? LOL

Nick I know exactly what I’m talking about you just choose to read in a different direction. You speak what you want all one has to do is take 5 minutes and search Google to figure out a bunch of images is not good on any website “unless” you take steps to properly size/manage your images. Not saying your idea is bad. Sure add pics/video just know what your doing when doing it.

I disagree. In fact I advise you build your entire website with images only first: http://www.nachi.org/trick-for-building-websites.htm

You’re completely missing my point. Come see me in Dallas we’ll talk more about it there. Hard to get something across online at times. Night.

I also advise using my trick for brochures as well: http://www.nachi.org/trick-for-building-websites.htm

In general, you want less not more on your website. Every punch should count.

Nick ya change your stories as often as you change your shirt, when in OKC last year on your tour you brought up my web site and your statement was " this is what a web site should look like" you suggested I place my phone # at the top of the page VS the bottom and that is the only change I made

Sorry Charley but your site is very hard on the eyes. Good pictures though.
You should also have some testimonials on your first page.

Sorry Kevin I don’t use testimonials they are phony some people just make them up I don’t like phoney???

Well I can’t agree with you on that either Charley. Each has a name and they can be asked very quickly. If they are made up most can see through that quite quickly. I am not saying you need them but if you show a few It would be better to trust your report is not doctored either.