My Web Site.

Originally Posted By: dvalley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Chris,

I've been interested in a website, but two months ago you didn't have too many options. The last time I checked, you only had three to choose from. I am still seeking to set up my website and I'm looking forward to seeing your final results. Let me know when you have the template sites completed. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: rking

Chris,

I think that is a good idea, especially if we can 'customize' our own site.
I would go for it I think.
I am still debating the site discussed earlier but I have not yet made up my mind whether to spend a little more and hope, or go simple until my company is well known and people will go looking for it.

--
Muskoka Home Inspections
"Wisdom is the Anticipation of the Consequences"
Steering Committee Member At Large

Originally Posted By: John Davidson

The more complex the system is the more money it would cost to write. I think you could drop the price lower. A php or asp.net host wouldn?t be that costly. As long you keep the programming simple. What are you writing it in? I usally wirte JSPs but PHP hosting look lots cheaper.

John Davidson

Morton, IL

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

David,

The reason I only have 5 pre-made templates is that I'm not in the template business. I just threw them together as designs that can be used to keep the final cost down. As a web designer, I design websites. Typically, a client will come to me, and I'll build a site from scratch for them. Template sites are a completely different business.

John,

Most internet applications I design are pure PHP. I don't think that $10-$15/mo. is that expensive -- your average PHP host is going to charge you that already, plus the cost of design and maintenance. Typically internet applications such as what I'm thinking of would be in the $40-$50/mo. range, but I want to keep the price low.

One thing I will never do is "go cheap." If you want a cheap website, ask your sister's 16 year old son. I will try to make this newest project affordable, though. I simply won't compromise functionality for price.

More to be release later.

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://84yDKtGxVGhhqbTRj6AsGlTT7aZ.html)

Originally Posted By: John Davidson

I look forward to your finished product. My thought was to provide this service so I can’t wait to see what you end up with. I was going to design it for ASP.Net and have a local CC do some of the work. So far I have been very impressed with what you have done! If you want someone to review it let me know.

John Davidson

Morton, IL