NACHI about to go from big to enormous, if we minimize message board hypersensitivity

I think the term is cowboy up:D Gotta luv it

"What I’m saying is that the NACHI ship is becoming so enormous that we all need to keep our thinking clear and unemotional. Don’t let any post upset you. "

I also saw it as a call to professionalism.

If more folks thought before they typed, there would be less likelihood of others leaving in a huff (board hypersensitivity).

Another example of how the written word can be misinterrpreted!

How is iNachi going to triple in size when it has a 10,000 member limit?

EVERYONE IS GOING TO GAIN A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF WEIGHT!:twisted:

DUUUUHHH! :roll:

Where does it say that was a permanent limit.
That also was for NACHI the new name is not the same.
Cookie

I wonder what new name the dooms sayer will get for us now
(Internachoooos?) Sounds like a delayed sneezeeeeeeeee!

Quote: Nick G.
"What I’m saying is that the NACHI ship is becoming so enormous that we all need to keep our thinking clear and unemotional. Don’t let any post upset you. "
End Quote:

Quote:
I also saw it as a call to professionalism.

If more folks thought before they typed, there would be less likelihood of others leaving in a huff (board hypersensitivity).
Quote:
***I, for one, have dramatically decreased my frequency of posts on this board because of the squabbling and quibbling. I know of others, who have also been members for several years, who feel the same way. ***
End quote

Another example of how the written word can be misinterrpreted!
End Quote:

Russell,
I am in 100% agreement with you. I stayed off of this bulletin board for a long, long time because of all of the hate filled and argumentative posts.
I regret to say this but I was sucked into some of these battles and once you are in the fight it is hard to extract yourself with honor and dignity. It is almost possible to withdraw from an argument without looking weak and having capitulated to your adversary.
So like your, I found that the best thing to do was not to participate at all. It is a damn shame that most of the time no matter what you write someone will come along and belittle you for it.

I do not call this “hypersensitivity”. I call it just good old “common sense” and the unwillingness to lower yourself to your adversaries level.

Let’s not forget that there are people who come to the board with a challenge to conventional wisdom…say…a new SOP…and then wilt at the slightest form of rejection and opposition to their ideas. Perhaps their ideas are actually good, but their debating skills leave them short in making their otherwise valid point. Nick is telling them to “hang in there”.

Sometimes…people will enter a debate like a man bringing a knife to a gunfight. For some, it is wiser to remain silent than to enter the brawl with their feelings on their sleeves.

Quote: Forest Gump
Stupid is, as stupid does Sir!:|.)
End quote:

Michael Rowan’s message showed that this man had absolutely no intention of promoting the CMI program and only wished to make excuses as to why he was promoting his MBI program.
His coming onto the NACHI bulletin board and attempting to “rewrite” everything about the CMI program was a huge mistake on his part. He had no idea that just because he is a multimillionaire and has numerous employees who would jump “at his beck and call” that the NACHI members were not going to do the same.

I guess he came to the sad realization {way too late for him} that we are not his employees and will not jump at his beck and call. :twisted:

Too bad, and so sad……:roll:

Good example. Rowan is an excellent example.

How do you professionally request a rapist to remove himself from your intestine without hurting his feelings or offending others? I know of no nice way. It’s the end result that counts.

This message board shined the light on his activities and disabled him from furthering his plan to profit at the expense of NACHI and the CMI program. It wasn’t pretty, but it worked.

I agree! Now it is time to get the stalled CMI Program back up and running like it was meant to be!

Nothing said 10000 was the permanent limit Roy, it’s just after all of Nick’s hoopala over setting “A limit” to membership, I just though that limit might last more than a couple of months. Nick says we’re still NACHI, only the logo changed.

What is the “New Name” Roy?

You really gota work on that.

First, the 10,000 cap is and always has been on N. American membership. We’re going strong into other countries.

Second, the size of an organization is measured by more than just the number of members it has, IMHO. I’d say that number of members is one of many quantifiable ways to measure the size of a trade association. Others include number of benefits www.nachi.org/benefits.htm , amount of traffic www.nachi.org/stats.htm , number of events www.nachi.org/events.htm , contributions to the industry www.nachi.org/whats_new.htm , vendor deals and discounts www.InspectorMALL.com , internet shelf space, innovation, support, etc.

Nick you forgot the Fear Factor that Nachi has created amongst other inspection associations. :wink:

Now that’s a good question. :neutral:

JB, I know who you are referring to, but rather than believe he left because of opposition to his ideas, I would suggest he left because of the opposer to his ideas. :neutral:

And that was a better answer. lewis, Nick thinks in 3 D.

After you’ve been here awhile Ken, you’ll find that Nick sometimes thinks in 6 dimensions, and that he sometimes get carried away with ideas that never come to pass, of course to see that you’ll have to take your lips off his a$$.

We’ve been waiting for many months for these 100;s of thousands of foreclosure inspections, that turned into his idea of a galactic takeover of all Listing Inspections and a couple of other Ideas, the only parts of which that have entered Reality are the Report Upload and Contract Verification, both great benefits to members, and both of which took a lot of discussion, testing, and input from Nachi Members. the rest I won’t hold my breath for, and a one at least does more to advertise NACHI and Nick’s Ideas than members companies, but that will be argued if and when his Ideas mature into anything else. Me I’m happy with the two new benefits.

All I wanted to know on this thread was whether or not there are now two InterNachi organizations, at least according to logos there are, I still haven’t found out about if members have to change their logos and when that logo will be official and available.

I don’t really care what Nick calls his association, I call mine Snowy Mountain Home Inspection, what I put on his logo is up to him.

Nick Gromicko is within his rights…at this very moment…to refund the unused portion of your dues and turn you out of this association. As the real Executive Director, he can do it without cause and at his pleasure. The fact that your putrid posts continue to litter this message board with your turds of wisdom is a credit to Nick’s patience.

I hope his patience runs out soon…along with your membership.

[quote=jbushart]
Let me tell you something, you g-damned son of a bitch.

Nick Gromicko is within his rights…at this very moment…to refund the unused portion of your dues and turn you out of this association.
This is a long time overdue!
As the real Executive Director, he can do it without cause and at his pleasure. The fact that your putrid posts continue to litter this message board with your turds of wisdom is a credit to Nick’s patience.

I hope his patience runs out soon…along with your membership.

Go to hell, you creepy bastard.

***(Of course, I mean this in a nice way)/***quote]

Ditto! In a “nice” way!:smiley: