NACHI Awards Committee

Originally Posted By: jbowman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

It is with extreme pleasure that I announce the formation of the NACHI Awards Committee. I am proud to announce my first selection as Mr. Greg Bell. Greg will serve the Awards Committee as Vice Chair initially in charge of recruitment of five additional committee members. Here is everybody’s chance to get in on the ground floor. Come join us. It’ll be fun.

Traits that Greg will be looking for are:

1. Outgoing
2. Excellent Communication Skills.
3. Excellent Writing Skills.
4. Dedication to NACHI and its membership.
5. Involved with the membership, and
6. Creative.

If you feel that you fit the bill, don't hesitate, submit your name today. Because of time constraints we need to have this committe filled by the end of next week.

Thanks for reading and look forward to your involvement.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

I find it extremely interesting that we have not heard from anyone other than two other NACHI members. Both of those members are involved in several other committee’s. Where are the people that complain about not being chosen or selected for other committee’s?

Just curious...

Originally Posted By: gbell

I was thinking the same thing. Once again life shows me that things are the way they are for a reason.

No wonder it is the same people over and over who donate their time.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Greg,

Dave Keough is interested.

John

Greg,

Larry Schmid is also interested.

Originally Posted By: dedwards

Just an observation but just what is the function and duties of the Awards Committee. It might generate a little more interest if someone knew what they were volunteering for.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

You will be volunteering for hard work, no pay, little recognition, lots of criticism, and a lot of fun with your counterparts.

Actually, I will defer to John, but it should entail deciding what type of awards to hand out at the convention and who should get them.

You will get out of it what you put into it.

Blaine

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

What happened to Harvey Gordon? I thought he was gung-ho…

Hasn't he volunteered?

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: cmccann

John where do I sign up? I would be glad to help. What’s my first assignment?

NACHI MAB!

The Awards Committee consists of the following members

Greg Bell
John Bowman
Gary Johnson
David Keough
Jeff Pope
Leonard Ungar
Blaine Wiley

The task of the committee is to produce a list of awards related to the inspection industry. Implement a nomination procedure and conduct an election to allow the general membership to select the winners.
The NACHI Awards will be presented at our first national convention.

I will post an update after our first committee meeting.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: hgordon

John, sorry for the delay in reading your post…been out of touch for a couple of days.

Nick had nominated me and so here I stand if you still want me. But then again, why would you still want me...the guys you have listed are the best!

Harvey,

I'm sorry but the committee has been filled. Unfortunately we did not hear from you in time. We encourage you and all NACHI members to submit your ideas and suggestions to the committee.

I look forward to working with you by submitting various articles for the NACHI magazine on awards and as a Chapter President. All Chapter Presidents should be preparing themselves for input to the Awards Committee. You can accomplish this by interaction and communication with your chapter members. For example, has someone recently had an article pertaining to home inspections published in a trade magazine or newspaper, or did someone volunteer their services to a non-profit (Like Habitat for Humanity).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To the NACHI membership:

All members of NACHI are in essence a part of the Awards process. We (Committee members) have volunteered to represent you in formulating and implementing the procedures. We strongly encourage your input. As in every committee there will be members who will drop out because of time constraints, etc. Your input will show your interest and will play a huge part in the committee's selection of replacement members.

Several members, such as Larry O'Conner and Dan Frend, just to name a few, have volunteered their services but are not available or willing to sit as a committee member. This type of devotion is commendable and encouraged.

In conclusion I would like to extend a big "Thank-You" to Greg Bell in his selection process of applicants. I feel confident that we have a "strong nucleus" of quality professionals.

Due to time constraints Blaine Wiley has resigned from the committee.

Larry Schmid and Chuck Mccann will be filling the open position. Welcome aboard guys.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service