NACHI Chapters Free Electrical Training Available

NACHI Chapters:

Electrical Inspector 2A IAEI Certification, also recognized by ICC for One-and Two-Family Dwellings, one-day NACHI training is still available from NACHI for free!

See this link for more information

IAEI’s study guide is also available with sample examination questions that are on the computer driven examination.

Electrical Inspection of One and Two Family Dwellings

This presentation was designed for Home Inspectors and covers the subject of electrical inspection of premises wiring systems, and presents the subject in a clear, understandable manner.

Joe uses computer based graphics, and state-of-the-art audiovisual presentations, including a Video Ipod, and the Internet to greatly enhance the comprehension of the material.

Joe Tedesco"s lifetime of experience in this field allows his illustrations to enhance training with real world examples showing actual pictures of electrical code defects found Nationwide.

You will learn about inspection procedures and requirements as they relate to the National Electrical Code.

A review of electrical requirements found in product standards will also be covered, as well as inspection procedures for residential systems. Rules to minimize the risk of electricity as a source of electric shock, and as an ignition source of fires and explosions will also be discussed.

Let’s get together, contact me for your Chapter seminar beginning in 2007.

My schedule is filled through 2006 and fills up quickly, so get in touch with me so I can let Nick know of our plans.

I also want to mention that the examinations given by these agencies usually list the types of books used for study, and one for sure would be the NEC either the full version, or the one and two family version. In any case you will have to use the “Code” to find the answers. Never rely on your memory always look up the answer. I recommend studying the contents, and the index as the everyday task, then on to the Article 100 Definitions, and into 110 through 450. I am not sure if they added any Article 680 questions, but if they did that means study for Pools, etc.

In the new 2005 NEC some questions may ask for “metric designators” see Article 300 and the acronyms used as shown in the Annex C first page, become familiar with them, and you will save some grief in the short time you will have to take the test.

I took all three 2A, 2B, and 2C on two Saturdays back in 1979 in Los Angeles and was successful, but after I wrote up all that I found wrong with their questions and answers, I was asked to write the questions for pools and did so and later to be on the committee writing the questions and editing them as well.

NEC 2005

1. What are the typical ID’s for nonmetallic conduits or tubings"

2. How many 14 AWG Type THHN can be installed in a 4" EMT?

3. Will that number be acceptable, and include not more than a 40% fill?

4. Does the NEC require a receptacle outlet on a kitchen counter that is 12" wide?

5. How many areas are required to be provided with GFCI protected receptacles in a dwelling?

[FONT=Times-Roman][size=1]C.1 — Electrical Metallic Tubing (EMT) 658
C.1(A)* — Electrical Metallic Tubing (EMT) 662
C.2 — Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing (ENT) 663
C.2(A)* — Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing (ENT) 667
C.3 — Flexible Metal Conduit (FMC) 668
C.3(A)* — Flexible Metal Conduit (FMC) 672
C.4 — Intermediate Metal Conduit (IMC) 673
C.4(A)* — Intermediate Metal Conduit (IMC) 677
C.5 — Liquidtight Flexible Nonmetallic Conduit (Type LFNC-B) 678
C.5(A)* — Liquidtight Flexible Nonmetallic Conduit (Type LFNC-B) 682
C.6 — Liquidtight Flexible Nonmetallic Conduit (Type LFNC-A) 683
C.6(A)* — Liquidtight Flexible Nonmetallic Conduit (Type LFNC-A) 687
C.7 — Liquidtight Flexible Metal Conduit (LFMC) 688
C.7(A)* — Liquidtight Flexible Metal Conduit (LFMC) 692
C.8 — Rigid Metal Conduit (RMC) 693
C.8(A)* — Rigid Metal Conduit (RMC) 697
C.9 — Rigid PVC Conduit, Schedule 80 698
C.9(A)* — Rigid PVC Conduit, Schedule 80 702
C.10 — Rigid PVC Conduit, Schedule 40 and HDPE Conduit 703
C.10(A)* — Rigid PVC Conduit, Schedule 40 and HDPE Conduit 707
C.11 — Type A, Rigid PVC Conduit 708
C.11(A)* — Type A, Rigid PVC Conduit 712
C.12 — Type EB, PVC Conduit 713
C.12(A)* — Type EB, PVC Conduit 716
*Where this table is used in conjunction with Tables C.1 through C.12, the conductors
installed must be of the compact type.

ANNEX C
Annex C: Tables

2005 Edition
NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE 70–657

[/size][/FONT]

**NEC ARTICLE 408

**[FONT=Times-Bold]408.1 Scope.
[/FONT]
covers the following:

(1) switchboards

(2) panelboards