NACHI exposes public official abusing public trust for $$$.

Originally Posted By: bkelly1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hey Russel, I have a good friend moving to your area. He was the top agent in this area, and is moving there to comtinue his career. He has moved license to Coldwell Banker. I believe his wife was originally from there. I told him about you today as I helped load the truck for the 27 hour trip on Saturday. nachi_sarcasm.gif

“Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.” -Yoda (The empire Strikes Back)

Originally Posted By: jbushart

jhagarty wrote:
James:

To: City Council
Date: 10/11/2005
Re: Home Inspector Registration

Nick Gromicko, Founder of the National Association of Home Inspectors (?NACHI?), respectfully requests that this memorandum be admitted into the record of the hearing on the captioned matter.

NACHI objects to the proposed Amendment to Title 15 of the Loveland Municipal Code for the following reasons:

2. There is no requirement to carry Errors and Omissions Insurance. Thus, an aggrieved client of a negligent home inspector would have no recourse against a judgment proof inspector. If the purported rationale behind the Amendment is to protect the consuming public, this is a glaring omission. Respectfully submitted,

Nick Gromicko
NACHI

____________________________________-

If the amendment is altered, at NACHI's suggestion, Colorado NACHI Members will be required to carry E&O Insurance.

Assuming you are correct, which you are not, what you just said has nothing at all to do with your wild-a$% ridiculous claim that misrepresented Nick's post.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Did he hit a nerve?

“Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.” -Yoda (The empire Strikes Back)

bkelly1 wrote:
Did he hit a nerve? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Yes. Always stepping out from the shadows with a bent word or a mishapen phrase in an effort to discredit NACHI's present leadership...it pisses me off.

The least he can do is get his quotations correct.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: rspriggs

bkelly1 wrote:
Hey Russel, I have a good friend moving to your area. He was the top agent in this area, and is moving there to comtinue his career. He has moved license to Coldwell Banker. I believe his wife was originally from there. I told him about you today as I helped load the truck for the 27 hour trip on Saturday. ![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif)

Ben, if you have his cell #, have him call me at 208.660.8877 tonight.
I'll come help him unload!

--
Exploring Planet NACHI . . . One house at a time.

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.
Coeur d'Alene, ID Home Inspectors
Coeur d'Alene Home Inspectors

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

John Giuliano, Chairperson
John Crescibene, Vice Chairperson
Jon Rudolph, Secretary
Dean Barber
Jim Dowd
Troy Heckel
Christopher Rosenberger
Garold Smith
David Stamps
Teri Volk.
Steve Dozier, City Council Liaison
Bruce Meyer

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

rspriggs wrote:
bkelly1 wrote:
Hey Russel, I have a good friend moving to your area. He was the top agent in this area, and is moving there to comtinue his career. He has moved license to Coldwell Banker. I believe his wife was originally from there. I told him about you today as I helped load the truck for the 27 hour trip on Saturday. ![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif)

Ben, if you have his cell #, have him call me at 208.660.8877 tonight.
I'll come help him unload!

Be careful he may take you up on it. Him and his wife are great people. We hate to loose them. We all go to church together. They are leaving Sat, so I guess he will be there around tue?

--
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." -Yoda (The empire Strikes Back)

Originally Posted By: rwand1

Hi Jim,

Looks like the bill in Colorado had many omissions that failed to protect the public. E&O was one such item. I don't know how anybody could read anything more into it than what has been stated. It is not up to Nachi to call for E&O in a new bill that may or may not be retabled with improvements. That would seemingly be up to the state assembly to decide whether it should be a requirement along with the other caveats that were absent due to confilict of interest. You can't really have E&O without a COE, continuing education, testing, SOP, experience....

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (OAHI)
http://www.raymondwand.ca

Quote:
9. Finally, despite NACHI?s having met with the Construction Advisory Board and provided Jon Rudolph with a torrent of material germane to the proposed Amendment, the proposed Amendment omits any mention of NACHI in the Acknowledgement Section, an oversight that could not be unintentional.

The above does not read that John was on the Construction Advisory Board. Note the word "and."

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

rwand1 wrote:
Hi Jim,

Looks like the bill in Colorado had many omissions that failed to protect the public. E&O was one such item. I don't know how anybody could read anything more into it than what has been stated. It is not up to Nachi to call for E&O in a new bill that may or may not be retabled with improvements. That would seemingly be up to the state assembly to decide whether it should be a requirement along with the other caveats that were absent due to confilict of interest. You can't really have E&O without a COE, continuing education, testing, SOP, experience....

While I cannot be absolutely sure, I don't believe Nick/Joe's letter was arguing as much FOR e&o as it was arguing AGAINST the proposed bill as being designed to "protect the consumer".

A bill that is designed to "protect the consumer" which omits even general liability insurance would be suspect, as this one is. A bill that is genuinely designed to "protect the consumer" that omits continuing education on the part of the inspector would not even pass the muster of the other bills that pretend to be designed to "protect the consumer" like the stuff that Florida has developed.

This was nothing more than an attempt to restrict competition as most such measures have proven to be. This dolt was just not as adept as some at being less obvious in his intent.

He deserves to be made an example of, IMO.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: rspriggs

(is) on the CAB.

Others of Colorado NACHI and myself were in on the first go-round of this!

Russ

Exploring Planet NACHI . . . One house at a time.

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.
Coeur d'Alene, ID Home Inspectors
Coeur d'Alene Home Inspectors

Either way it appears Jon got his just desserts!

Cheers,

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

" because it makes it appear to those who view your post that I made a proposal to make E&O a NACHI Membership requirement. I’ve never made a proposal to make E&O a NACHI Membership requirement. Not once. Never.

That is why it is a misrepresentation.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Thanks Russ. I think I need to wear my glasses more often when I read the posts. Going back upto earlier posts I see now that Jon was on the CAB. My mistake, thanks for picking it up.

Cheers,

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

jbushart wrote:
Joe H. has a propensity for manipulating words of others while deleting his own. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

James:

What has been misrepresented? It is a direct quote from Nick's letter.

bkelly1 wrote:

Nick Gromicko, Founder of the National Association of Home Inspectors (?NACHI?), respectfully requests that this memorandum be admitted into the record of the hearing on the captioned matter.

NACHI objects to the proposed Amendment to Title 15 of the Loveland Municipal Code for the following reasons:

2. There is no requirement to carry Errors and Omissions Insurance. Thus, an aggrieved client of a negligent home inspector would have no recourse against a judgment proof inspector. If the purported rationale behind the Amendment is to protect the consuming public, this is a glaring omission.
Respectfully submitted,

Nick Gromicko
NACHI

Care to explain where the misrepresentation is?

gromicko wrote:
Joe H:

It is a misrepresentation for you to say "I second Nick's proposal to make E&O a NACHI Membership requirement" because it makes it appear to those who view your post that I made a proposal to make E&O a NACHI Membership requirement. I've never made a proposal to make E&O a NACHI Membership requirement. Not once. Never.

That is why it is a misrepresentation.

Nick:

If NACHI feels that E&O should not be a part of Home Inspection Licensing, why were representations made by NACHI to a Licensing Committee that the lack thereof is a ?glaring omission.?

If NACHI is not in favor of E&O as a licensing requirement, the memorandum submitted should be amended, as it does not accurately reflect the sentiments of NACHI or the Membership.

Endorsing Licensing with an E&O inclusion makes having E&O a Membership requirement by default.

--
Joseph Hagarty

Who at NACHI was "endorsing this licensing?" We were fighting to stop it... and succeeded. You have it 180 degrees backwards. We didn't endorse any licensing... we killed it.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

jhagarty wrote:
jbushart wrote:
Joe H. has a propensity for manipulating words of others while deleting his own. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

James:

What has been misrepresented? It is a direct quote from Nick's letter.

It is not a "direct quote", Joe. This is another misrepresentation. It is nothing more than your interpretation of Nick's letter...this so called "endorsement by default" or whatever you want to call it. Far, far from a direct quote.

Your attempt to make this an issue has fizzled. As Nick has made much more quotably and plainly clear, there is no intent to make E&O a membership requirement. Find some other crisis to fabricate.

--

www.monachi.org

Quote:

1. There is no Code of Ethics included in the proposed Amendment. Thus, a home inspector could pay kickbacks and finders? fees to realtors or, more unethically, find defects in the inspected home and then suggest himself as the perfect person to repair them. If the purported rationale behind the Amendment is to protect the consuming public, this is a glaring omission.

2. There is no requirement to carry Errors and Omissions Insurance. Thus, an aggrieved client of a negligent home inspector would have no recourse against a judgment proof inspector. If the purported rationale behind the Amendment is to protect the consuming public, this is a glaring omission.

3. The proposed Amendment is nothing more than a word-for-word recitation [with a different numbering scheme to fool the unwary] of the standards of practice of the American Society of Home Inspectors, an out-of-state organization to which Mr. Rudolph belongs, rather than the more stringent standards of practice of the Colorado-based NACHI, which is not only the world?s largest association of home inspectors, but Loveland?s, Colorado?s and America?s, as well. Because NACHI standards of practice, continuing education and annual testing requirements are so high, AIG, the world?s largest insurance company, insures NACHI members exclusively at a substantial discount from the rates it regularly charges for errors and omissions insurance. By lowering the home inspection standards to the ASHI model, the City of Loveland will instantly eliminate almost all of the inspectors in the city of Loveland and make it impossible for many to acquire errors and omission insurance to protect the consuming public.

4. The continuing education requirement is inadequate. It should be at least twenty-four (24) hours.

5. There is no annual testing requirement of the home inspector in the proposed Amendment. In an industry that has undergone and continues to undergo such rapid change as the home inspection industry, inspectors should be required to demonstrate continued competency. If the purported rationale behind the Amendment is to protect the consuming public, this is a glaring omission.

6. There is no requirement that the home inspector have any experience whatsoever. If the purported rationale behind the Amendment is to protect the consuming public, this is a glaring omission.

7. Section 3.2.5 is clearly unconstitutional. As written, one could be barred from earning a living as a home inspector on the basis of unproved allegations, while, ironically, a convicted criminal who, thus, has a resolved complaint, could operate as a home inspector with impunity, an absurd result.

8. The Amendment is tainted by its provenance. It was prepared and proposed by a home inspector who is a member of Loveland?s Construction Advisory Board and has ties to the real estate industry. The Amendment he has proposed would eliminate his direct competition which is a clear violation of 5-2(a) of the Loveland City Charter relating to Ethics.

9. Finally, despite NACHI?s having met with the Construction Advisory Board and provided Jon Rudolph with a torrent of material germane to the proposed Amendment, the proposed Amendment omits any mention of NACHI in the Acknowledgement Section, an oversight that could not be unintentional.

Respectfully submitted,

Nick Gromicko
NACHI

When did nachi start endorsing E and O insurance for requirements.

Quote:
Construction Advisory Board

John Giuliano, Chairperson
John Crescibene, Vice Chairperson
Jon Rudolph, Secretary
Dean Barber
Jim Dowd
Troy Heckel
Christopher Rosenberger
Garold Smith
David Stamps
Teri Volk.
Steve Dozier, City Council Liaison
Bruce Meyer

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

The fabrication is the original memorandum.

gromicko wrote:

Who at NACHI was "endorsing this licensing?" We were fighting to stop it... and succeeded. You have it 180 degrees backwards. We didn't endorse any licensing... we killed it.

NACHI had no intention to support what was written.

Thanks for the Clarification.

--
Joseph Hagarty

You’re welcome.

Mandating E&O is on yours and HouseMasters agenda, not Nick or NACHI's...no matter how many times you keep posting the same letters. They do not say what you want them to and no one is buying your spin.

--

www.monachi.org

For those that want E&O insurance, we’ve got it at a very nice discount http://www.nachi.org/eo.htm

We make certain that NACHI members have access to special pricing on everything an inspector could want. Pricing that can't be obtained anywhere else. www.InspectorMall.com

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.