NACHI Foundation Scholarship

Originally Posted By: gjohnson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Greetings All;

The NACHI Foundation is starting a scholarship program, the program first gift will be given for next falls college start time. At first the initial scholarship will be $500.00. I hope to be able to build this to become several full scholarships over the years.

However, in order to give a $500.00 scholarship the Foundation needs to raise $10,000 in order to have the gift paid out of trust. I have put in the first $1000.00 to get the fund going.

I would like to find out from the membership. There are two options in giving the scholarship. First we could open it up to Children and Grandchildren of NACHI.

Or I could work with scholarshipsearch.com and open it up to any high school senior in the country.

Requirements for the Scholarship besides who we are giving it to are:

High School Senior
Greater then a 3.5 GPA
Acceptance to any accredited 4 year college.
Majoring in either Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Architechture, and business (I think that these all have something to do with the HI business).

If I put it through a scholarship search engine. They will help us select the canidate. I am not sure if we should make it need based or not. That is something else that could be decided by the membership.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Gary,

It has always been a personal vision of mine to help those that are more in need, than those that can do it themselves. While maybe everyone does not hold that philosopy, I would just hope that the scholarship does not go to waste on the person that may win it.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: dkeough

Gary

I think that your idea is great. My mom passed at the end of September, and we started a scholarship for a student of the arts. I feel that it is better if it is for a need basis. Most students that have a 3.5 or higher have some kind of scholarship already. We all do not come from wealthy parents, so this would be a perfect opportunity. I am willing to donate $250.00 toward this if it goes to someone who really needs this. My moms fund is doing OK and we are going to give the first award in the summer of 2005

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Here is the link:

http://www.nachi.org/foundationscholarship.htm

Nick

I understand everyone saying that this should go to a needy person. Therefore I will put it up for vote. However, as I know (I have about $50,000 in student loans and still climbing) every college student is needy unless that have gotten a full ride or something to that nature. In todays world, even with 3.5 GPA many student are still not getting help from colleges as they are lookng to cut back in cost.

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

In reponse to some e-mails that I have recieved. I am changing the requirements of the scholarhip. In order to qualify you have to be eligable to recieve a pell grant from financial aid. People who received the pell grants have family incomes that fall into a lower lever. I have been going to school for years and have never qualified with incomes from $40,000 up to $100,000. This is easy to verify and should help us make sure that the person who recieves the Scholarship will be needing it.

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I think it should go to children of NACHI members only

or at least children of home inspectors only

or children of middle aged, Caucasian, gun toting, horseback riding, slightly overweight, owners of 1988 champagne colored Lincoln Town cars.

![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Nick

Originally Posted By: jrooff

I think it should go to ones that walk to school up hill both ways, going to and coming home. icon_sad.gif