NACHI interview in Washington Newspaper

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

A recent home inspection article mentions NACHI. A little long winded but fun to read.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/archives/cover/2003/cover0718.html

Nick

Originally Posted By: bdoles

Long winded is right… But well worth the read… Great article !

Brian K Doles

Inspection Connection Home Inspections

Northeast, TN

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Nick,

A little too dramatic for me. I thought they sold you short only giving you those two short paragraphs out of the entire article. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I loved the part when the inspector stated that joining ASHI was an important part of the process.

The article kept mentioning that he was a man of few words. Could have fooled me...

And Mr Myers is right. Way too much drama for me.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Joe F,

Imagine that, Joe F and Joe M agreeing on something. What is the world coming too? ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Anyone who has ever given a newspaper interview knows that they don’t print exactly what you say, and leave out everything you wanted to say.

I tried to make the point that the inspectors and REALTORs are on the same side now that buyer's agency has become popular. Even Dennis R. is figuring this out now. I give myself a D+ at getting this across.

I also tried to show that ASHI's adversarial relationship with REALTORs (ex: You cannot join ASHI if you hold a real estate license) is OLD-THINK. Agency-Principal relationships exist whether inspectors like it or not. I give myself an A for the "ASHI can go back an argue with the Romans" line.

Nick
SpinMaster