NACHI Lending Library Coming Back

Originally Posted By: gjohnson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Back by popular demand, the new and improved NACHI Lending Library will be opening up on April 1, 2005.

After much debate and many models, we have settled on a procedure that will allow us to run the library in a more effective manner. Over the next month we will be acquiring new sets of Books, CDs, Video Tapes, and DVDs for the library.

The new process will be very simple for getting materials.

1.) A new website will be created that looks almost like an online store. Here you will be able to see all the materials available to borrow. Also you will be able to see their current status and when they are expected back in to the system.

2.) If you wish to borrow something, there will be a shopping cart style checkout. Two things that we are going to do different this time. First is there will be a small charge of $1.00 to $3.00 per order to cover the cost of shipping the item to you, and to cover the cost of shipping the item back to the library. Second, we will be capturing a valid credit card as a deposit on the item.

3.) After you checkout the item, will be shipped to you from the library in a reusable shipping container. After you are done with the item or your time of use has expired, we will ask you to put the item back into container and send it back to the library.

4.) Items will be available for loan for a 45 day period. If the library has not received the item back after 60 days. We will then bill your credit card for the full replacement price of the item.

There are still a few other items being worked out in the long run, but this is our current plan as we see if to bring back the library in its great form.

If anyone has any items that they would like to donate to the library for use please let me know.

Thanks

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: lkage

Sounds like a good new and improved plan on getting things back.

I'll look forward to the library.

Thanks Gary.

--
"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him."
Galileo Galilei

Originally Posted By: rbrown1

Thats super!

A NACHI Library that's too cool.................what next?

I assume this will be available to us Canuks as well? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Bob Brown
President NACHI Du-Ka Chapter ON. Canada
NACHI Cell: 1-484-429-5465

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Certified Adult Training Services
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com
info@certifiedadulttrainingservices.com

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif Of course Bob. In U.S. Funds of course. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

U R 2 FUNNY there JOHN !!!

I glady pay in US finds if it is worth it why not????

You see unlike some (note the word some!) of my American and some Canadian counterparts, we are more than willing to spend money on education !!!! LOL Some of us will even travel to get good quality ed!

I do hope that I don't have to pay for all those smilies!!

Why don't we add on a small surcharge to the books etc and have that donated to the NACHI Foundation!!

To be honest I would like to see this run by the Foundation with all monies collected being used in the Foundation. I think that the Foundation could use the money more than NACHI itself.

Now don't anybody be jumpin' down my throat on this, it's just an idea.

--
Bob Brown

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Bob,

There is no money being made off this. All the surcharges are just to pay for shipping of the materials back and forth.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

Member - MAB

http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm

Sorry Gary I didn’t realize that.

However, I for one wouldn't't mind to pay at least an extra dollar or two and have that donated to the foundation.

Again it's just a thought. Just trying to come up with a few inexpensive ways to help the Foundation. If everybody did that the account would grow rather rapidly thereby allowing for more good work being accomplished by the Foundation.

--
Bob Brown

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Originally Posted By: jrooff

I like Roberts idea and will raise you one, if you do not return the materials in the allotted time frame you get charged double the cost and the other half goes to the foundation. This would give some people a greater incentive to return things. icon_biggrin.gif

Right on James!

I'm all for anything that can help our members and the Foundation.

There is no doubt that I like all the stuff offered for free or things that have minimal charges here in NACHI. But, there comes a time that we (inspectors) should really step up to the plate and give back. What better way to say thanks for all the help we get than to donate back through the Foundation.

Sometimes "value" can only be understood by the "cost" attached to it.

There is a cost to conducting business as well as a cost to education.

--
Bob Brown

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz