NACHI Memebership List Improvement

Originally Posted By: escanlan
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hey Nick,

The membership list for NACHI is quite huge now! I have been using the "Memberlist" function (for member profile information) to find specific member info but it is becoming very cumbersome. How about adding search functions to the "Memberlist" when it is brought up. For example searches by name, posting name, city, state and possibly radius of city. As it is now the only way to look is flipping through every page or searching the entire site or BB then pulling up old posting to get at the profile for a specific member.

Emmanuel Scanlan

Originally Posted By: staylor

I second that idea!

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

You can then do an Alphabetical search of Members.

Zip code searches and Geographic search (City, State) is there as well.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Hello Joe,

Thank you but I was looking more for the profile information on a specific member, i.e. PM or ICQ or date joined, etc. which comes from profile. I apologize for using a bad example of information gathering that can be obtained from "Featured Inspector". I know that caused some confusion on my original request.

I was asking because I have tried finding profile info on a number of people before and had to page through every page of the list. Wow that takes time when the NET slows down. Here recently I received an email from an individual and could not readily identify them as NACHI or not and a search in profiles would have made it much quicker. They were a NACHI member but either never posted before or the search showed no posts by them. On another individual when I tried to search by their posts I could never find any because they did not have the standard post ID of first inital of first name and full last name.

Emmanuel Scanlan

Hey Nick,

Tried using the membership listing again this past weekend and could really use these changes. Would make it a lot easier for all to access.

How about it?

Emmanuel Scanlan

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Quote:
I was asking because I have tried finding profile info on a number of people

There are so few NACHI members actually using the memberlist to examine other member profiles, I suspect that with everything else going on, this may be a low priority project for our Webmaster, who is feverishly working on the E&O portal, as well as havng multiple NACHI projects in queue.

What information, may I ask, are you searching for. You may also be looking at BB memberlist, and not a NACHI memberlist. Who are you searching for, and I may be able to assist you, or have someone find what you are looking for. Please e-mail me.

Thank you.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Hello Joe,

Thanks for the offer. I emailed your Biz a short while ago.

Emmanuel Scanlan