NACHI Message Board Policy

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I just stopped by for my quarterly visit to the NACHI message Boards intending to catch up on the latest and was surprised to read:

Remember, debate is not only welcomed it is encouraged. Personal attacks for reasons of race, religion, sexual orientation, et cetera, or postings, which are profane or are meant to defame our membership, will not be tolerated. Offending parties may be asked to change their post, or may be permanently banned from this board. Non-member guests are welcome posters at this board, but please remember you are a guest and act accordingly.

I just want to publicly give Joe Farsetta kudos for this accomplishment as I just know he had to have something to do with it. As near as I can figure, Joe is one of the only strong voices of reason in this group and has long been an advocate of keeping ne'er-do-wells like myself off this site. One small step for NACHI, one giant leap for NACHI members.

And fear not, folks! Even though this board is now as heavily moderated as each of the other HI Message Boards out there, NACHI is still distinguishing itself from other organizations in the minds of consumers-no worries there.

Your pal,

Jimmy

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all,

Jimmy, I am very concerned that we appear to have done something that you approve of, can I assme that your dues are in the post as we speak ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I thnk Jim was just bustin my cohones.

Jimbo... we haven't stoped yu from posting, nor have we prevented, edited, por deleted a single one of your posts. We are not trying to keep anyone off. We just want to remind those who participate, and who disagre, that this is a NACHI board. If you're a guest, please respect that we allow you to participate; you are a guest. Just act like one, and show some respect. It's really not too much to ask for, or expect.

And, you are incorrect in your statement that this site is heavily moderated (or moderated at all).

Be well.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman

Well I for one prefer a mildly moderated board. People lose it sometimes. Besides, if you think about it life is more accurately reflected in a moderated than an unmoderated board. Free speech never was and never will be absolute, nor should it be. Aside from the shopworn “yelling fire in a crowded theatre”, one call be sued for slander, arrested for impersonating an officer or threatening to kill the president, and there are any number of other perfectly legitimate limits on what one can say in a civilized society. I’m always disappointed when someone on a message board deteriorates into name-calling and barb-throwing rather than making their point well.

That's my general feeling on the subject, the specifics here are a NACHI matter. I understand NACHI's desire to have it wide open, I just don't think it's realistic in the big picture.

Originally Posted By: rwills

Quote:
NACHI is still distinguishing itself from other organizations in the minds of consumers-no worries there.

There's an under statement! And if I were you, I'd consider worrying about it! ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Bob Wills - MAB Chairman
BW Inspection Services
Warminster, Pa.
http://www.bwinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Roger Petersen

It has been my experience that professional organization keep a professional image by keeping the laundry in the home. Although informative, even though the posts are strictly opinion the banter that the public sees takes away from your profession. Not one organization has members who agree on everything and certainly none would allow people who are not associated with the organization to tarnish their image.

Why don’t you try complaining about the ashi branding money, and the expense of membership on their board and see how long your post stays up? Then make sure you complain about how branding was rammed down your throat with promises unkept and lies. Be sure to back it up with your wealth of “facts”.

Your posts won't last through the day there.

This was posted in one of the forums where non-members can't post, so I brought it over here. That just isn't true. There have been numerous posts along all of those lines and more, running back to the time when the plan was first put forth, and they weren't deleted. One of my posts on that subject was deleted after I compared the insensitivity of leadership to a chemical company I'd read about that poisoned the public for the sake of profit in the long run. It didn't come out the way I meant it, so there are no hard feelings on my part. ASHI's board is not run in an iron-fisted manner by leadership puppets, they just won't let anyone run wild or live out-of-bounds over there. I support that idea, there and here.

Originally Posted By: tallen

I was wondering how long it would be before someone did this.

Quote:
This was posted in one of the forums where non-members can't post, so I brought it over here.

New rule? icon_lol.gif

Quote:
You understand that nothing may be copied from the private sections of this message board without expressed permission from all parties involved in that topic. All comments on this message board are the property of their respective poster. NACHI, however, reserves a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display any post on its website.

[quote=“tallen”]

You understand that nothing may be copied from the private sections of this message board without expressed permission from all parties involved in that topic. All comments on this message board are the property of their respective poster. NACHI, however, reserves a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display any post on its website.

Is that a rule? If so, my bad, but if it was in a private section how was I able to read and copy it? Can what anyone has access to be considered private?

That was point Brian it was not in a private section. So:

New rule? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Ah-so. Well that’s a NACHI question, but if you do you’ll justify what Dan has been saying. Any NACHI member will be able to publicly attack anyone or anything outside of NACHI, and that party will be unable to respond and defend itself. Surely the SC doesn’t support that. Just take stuff like that to the members only section, no one outside will know or care if it isn’t public.

I'm off the Yankeeland (Southern Illinois) to visit the In-laws, see you gentlemen next week. Have a good holiday, be careful if you're traveling, and remember our fighting men & women when you give thanks.

Originally Posted By: dharris

[quote=“Brian A. Goodman”]
tallen wrote:

Is that a rule? If so, my bad, but if it was in a private section how was I able to read and copy it? Can what anyone has access to be considered private?

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)
One of these days I'm going to have to take a computer course to learn all these tricks, so when I'm banned I can do the same thingl
[ By the way "im banned" who/which 1 are you

Originally Posted By: ekartal

That’s Iam O’Bannion that Irish fella. icon_lol.gif

[quote=“Brian A. Goodman”][color=darkblue]Ah-so. Well that’s a NACHI question, but if you do you’ll justify what Dan has been saying. Any NACHI member will be able to publicly attack anyone or anything outside of NACHI, and that party will be unable to respond and defend itself. Surely the SC doesn’t support that.

Brian
I don't know what your able to access but the SC sure does support just that,
Of course the ED director twists it around to make it look like he did not have anything to do with the 2nd change,[partial open bd/ opposed to full closed ,on the general and misc topics, unfortunately myself and a few others question that,
of course the effective responce by the powers to be ,proven many times is to threaten banning to the ones that speak up, and others hesitate to speak up, like another member stated WHO'S Next

Hello I’m banned

Feel free to email me direct as another “member” did last nite as he stated he did not trust these people, and did not want to post on this pm

Originally Posted By: Tim Luden

I am sure that there are many members who don’t post on this board due to running the risk of being banned or chastised. That is why professional organizations … well, you know what I mean.

Originally Posted By: Roger Petersen

Tim you are one top notch guy. I am just a notch.

Originally Posted By: jcampbell

Im Banned wrote:
By the way Jeff Cambell, I wanted the Red Sox to win.

WooooHHoooooo Go Sox!!! Thanks for the support! ![icon_razz.gif](upload://rytL63tLPMQHkufGmMVcuHnsuWJ.gif)

--
Jeffrey S. Campbell
http://www.maineshomeinspector.com

What happened to Dan Harris’ thread “Soul Search”? Damned if I’m not starting to think Jerry Peck was right…once you start nuking, the trigger finger gets looser and looser. What has happened to this free and unmoderated board?