NACHI Model Licensing Position

Originally Posted By: roconnor
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

) would be reasonable, as discussed here (CLICK HERE).

What does everyone think?

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I do not believe that NACHI should have a model licensing bill. One of the reasons we were listened to in Albany was because we did NOT have one. Our position was that THEY were the experts at writing legislation, while WE were the experts at HOME INSPECTING. Why would we be so pompous as to present THEM with pre-packaged legislation?

We were told that we were the only folks they met without an official position, model legislation, lobbiest, or self-serving agenda. We didnt promote NACHI at all. We promoted the legislature, and appealed to their good sense, while pointing out the realities of what they had initially proposed. We didnt bamboozle them. We also promoted the notion of Consumer Protection, and pointed to the original provisions of their bill, and of other model legislation, which promoted PROTECTIONISM. Big difference.

It worked...

Surely this bill can be used as an EXAMPLE, but we cannot profess to know what's right for all states.

I'm gonna love to see where ASHI ranks NY's HI bill.... ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: roconnor

jfarsetta wrote:
I'm gonna love to see where ASHI ranks NY's HI bill.... ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

It really doesn't matter, because ASHI got relegated to second fiddle in NY. Thanks again Joe for helping in the process with something I think is really reasonable. But maybe we should be asking how does NACHI rank the HI Bill ... hmmmmm ... thats a thought.

Joe is right that we are home inspectors, and not legislators. Maybe I should say that I think NACHI should have a position on licensing, and not proposed legislation that could be jammed down peoples throats if nobody is paying attention (ala NJ). Hmmmm ... now there's another thought.

I think it is time to start thinking in terms of what would NACHI's position be ... don't you?

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

yes, yes

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."