NACHI opening additional satellite office in Los Angeles, California.

Actually, I like the idea. California has more realtors than any other state, does more real estate transactions than any other state and has the need for more inspection services than any other state. It also has a state law requiring Natural Hazards Disclosure Reports on every transaction, which maybe another reason NACHI is coming to California. No matter what the reasons, expanding NACHI in California will help to ensure the “Resistance is futile” thing you all talk about.

gulp. . .

Watch out Jeff, Big brother is watching you. :twisted:

I would just to clarify what I meant by the mobile chapter since there is no Hummer or RV involved. Sorry to all of you that liked that idea. I’m going to start a chapter that moves around Los Angeles so it is more accessible because we all know how bad the traffic is there. By having it in different parts of LA I hope that more Home Inspectors and Realtors will be able to attend the meetings.

I would just to clarify what I meant by the mobile chapter since there is no Hummer or RV involved. Sorry to all of you that liked that idea. I’m going to start a chapter that moves around Los Angeles so it is more accessible because we all know how bad the traffic is there. By having it in different parts of LA I hope that more Home Inspectors and Realtors will be able to attend the meetings. These meetigs are meant to be attractive to Realtors as we know how important connections between Realtors and Home Inspectors are. I plan to have Nick Gromicko speak on the advantages to a Realtor of having a Certified Home Inspector at the first meeting.

I don’t know where they got the idea that the “office” was mobile. I think some started their Saturday night drinking early :slight_smile: .

We’re going to do more of these in California: http://www.nachi.org/whateveryagentneedstoknowaboutinspections2006.htm

I have attended numerous chapter meetings with Nick and have been at both of NACHI’s Annual Conventions so I feel confident that I will be able to create informative meetings that will benefit all who attend. I have seen what it takes to create a chapter of NACHI and I intend to put my full effort into making this one a success.

Krystal already does all the marketing for ALL NACHI http://www.nachi.org/events.htm and has for some time.

I like the idea of moving the event around. Last week I drove from San Diego to L.A. and never got over 25 mph.

As of yesterday I got a BlackBerry phone for NACHI. If you need to contact me regardig the upcoming Chapter in LA or about any upcoming meetings that you need announced you can call me at (303) 502-7925 or e-mail me at krystal.wright@nachi.org.

Although California represents about 11% of the entire market, it represents almost 1/2 of NACHI’s untapped market. Our presence is very weak per capita in Calif. Lots of room to grow.

Maybe, if it starts soon enough, it will help draw HIs from LA to out NACHI’s “wing” at ITA next month . . .

California is a goofy state, if you are not actually in California… you aren’t in California. We need troops on the ground, even if only 1 to start. California might as well be a separate country.

I don’t drink Nick, although I’d like to sometimes. :wink:

No, the promo you wrote at the beginning said “mobile” so it just occured to me that it sounded similar to the Hummer you were gonna hook me up with and I was going to go to the different real estate conventions and home owner shows, etc…

I have a sweet deal that I can get wholesale on Slivers. That’s going to be my next phone. I like it. I don’t need a keyboard because my PDA is totally hooked up with bluetooth etc so I can shoot my material straight over to my laptop. I can even sign on my PDA and then shoot it onto a document on my laptop and fax it directly to whomever I am writing to.

If anyone wants a Sliver or any other phone let me know and I’ll get you the wholesale price.

Krystal,
I use to live in Redondo Beach years ago. I can remember driving 20 miles in the early morning and only taking 15-20 minutes to get to work. Coming home around 3 pm and the same distance took me 1,5 hrs if I was lucky. So my prayers and patience go out to you. I still like the mobile nation wide idea though. :roll: Good luck,and I know you will do well. You had a great teacher to learn from.

Krystal,

Can you notify the California membership by email and or snail mail of the program and or your ideas about membership involvement in same. Remember only a hand full of the NACHI 100 who frequent this BB are from California. Don’t rely on the individual chapters alone for distribution of the information. A concerted effort should be made to contact individual members directly if you want the program to succeed.

“California, NACHI’s next frontier”

Yes Nick is the best. I couldnt have had this much involvement and responsibility in NACHI if i didnt have him to learn from.

I will get on that this week Will. I know how important it is to make everyone aware of what is going on. I like your quote about Cali. :slight_smile: