NACHI or online school

Originally Posted By: Brian George
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I,m A refrigeration/HVAC tech (15 years)getting tired of on call and rooftops in -20 weather.

Thinking this career sounds good ? is join NACHI or school first(on line),still working.

Wife already back in school and 4 kids so wouldn’t mind spreading cost.

Tips on which schools also welcome.THANKS

Originally Posted By: csessums

Brian,

It sound like you are accustomed to hard work—so you might find this line of work gratifying. My personal recommendations are Carson and Dunlop for corr. course and ITA for in-house.

There are many frustrations in this industry so be sure you look hard and take off any rose colored glasses you may have on off. If you want to give the home buyer the best job possible and will not lower your standards when things are slow I welcome you. There are a lot of good men who post here. Sit back and read a while. Save your money, don’t join, until you’re sure this is the direction you want to go. Take the new entrance exam, read the bb. These are both free here at NACHI. Then go to school.

Charlie
www.alphainspection.com

Originally Posted By: jrooff

Brian, that is good advice. Take off the rose colored glasses is first, and second read all the post on this board, well most of them. You will find a few people that it took off real good in a short time frame, but you will find for the most part it will take a few year before you can quit your day job. But the most important thing is to read it for yourself and ask questions.

I wish you the best of luck.

PS. You have come to the best place in the world to get your information. NACHI, were always there to help.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Brian:

In which State do you reside? Your questions will be easier to answer if your geographic location is known.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: Brian George

I live In mn (wife would like to move south)

I dont have a time frame I figure that will work out when I know more.

I passed free exam but I know thats not close to what I need to know.so I,m just trying to learn so when time comes I,m better off.weather thats mounths or years.

I just don’t plan on being refrig tech forever.

thanks