NACHI Pays

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

So I’m sitting here watching a boring game last Sunday, surfing the net, go to NACHI.ORG and notice the comment about all the changes to the National Inspector Examination.

I decided to see how much its changed since I first took it in September. Start taking the test, get to the 98th question and notice a typo. Remembered that NACHI PAYS for finding those errors.

Over the next hour I ran thru it twice, found several typos, etc, sent them in and today got my check for $180.00 for finding those errors. Hmm, not bad for an hour's time. Wish I could make that kind of money for every hours I work.

And the test is quite a bit better. Yes, I passed all three times. Remember, it's an entry level test.

Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, KY
www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: rkuntz

I copied some text from the NACHI website for a letter that I was sending out, ran it through spell check and found 2 typos and made $30. I think I’ll look for more and see it I can get enough to take my wife out for dinner, lol.

Nick, I'm glad that you as bad of a speller as I am. And who said there is no such thing as a free lunch?

RonK

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!!!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: Robert Patterson

Igor,

I agree. Got your back.

Bob

Hey guys

I did this as a courtasy to NACHI and Nick sent me a check. I agree that we should all do more. Who wants to take over spell checking the website? I will let you know where i left off Igor.

RonK

Originally Posted By: Robert Patterson

ronk,

I'm not putting you down and you did nothing wrong IMO. If someone offers me money, I take it. But I feel that a new, upcoming org needs a lot of free input from its members. Otherwise it doesn't belong to the members. Joe F. finally convinced me to join NACHI (plus a lot of prodding from Nick) after I watched the input and feelings that were expressed by the members that they wanted a growing, but receptive and caring org. That will only happen when the members run the org. There is a lot of pride without elitism in this association and I for one want an association to proud of without trying to make others feel like they are less than me that is run by the members.

Bob

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

are NACHI; its members. Nick is the Executive Director, but has stated repeatedly that this is OUR organization. In case folks haven’t noticed, our membership is growing. The names that appear on this forum are chiming in from near and far. Yes, NACHI pays, and that’s a good thing (I for one could always use the money, but that’s a story for another day icon_cry.gif ).

Anyway, as I said, we are shaping the future of this org every day. Volunteerism is a good thing. Anything that any of us can do to help is a very good thing. The bottom line is that our hearts and minds are in the right place. Others may be envious of us, still others may be frightened of a no BS organization that is as loyal to its membership as its membership is to the org. Positive exposure happens as the result of positive experiences. In short, the word gets spread. Let's help wherever we can. Nick is getting crushed. He's pretty much been a one-man show. Let's help him wherever we can. I believe we'll all benefit at the end of the day.

My 2 cents... Go NACHI....

Bob, Joe

I agree with you guys 100%. To be honest with you I could care less about the $30. I don't want to get into a p***ing contest here, but from day one when I join this organization I made it clear to Nick that if he needed help to let me know (for free Igor) and I would do what I could. As late as last week I emailed Nick and offered to take charge of the NACHI library because I thought that Nick had too much on his plate (again for free Igor). I defended NACHI on another website when she was being bashed. So, Igor please do not bash me and accuse me of doing unproductive things.

As you stated above in this thread, "If you guys got together and used your free time to form a promotion campaign committee rather than checking for spheling erars, I would be happy that NACHI foots the bill for this kind of productive work".

Igor, shouldn't it read "us" guys?

Ronk

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!!!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

I’m thrilled to see everyone so willing to help us!

As for the employment opportunities section:

NACHI.org is constantly changing -- we're adding new sections to the website, new test questions, new FAQ's, and more. Every once in a while, Nick or I (the only two with access to NACHI.org admin, or the NIE questions) will type something wrong. If it's a spelling mistake, we often catch it (and the new spell checker will do even more so), but when I type "I like pizza rather that hoagies," it doesn't realized that "that" should be "than." NACHI Pays is a way for you guys to help us out, get involved, and make a little money. I personally think that Nick went a little overboard with it, but I think that it does what it's meant to do.

If you feel that the money should be going somewhere else, just let us know in the e-mail.

As for further member participation:

I'd love to see everyone get more involved. I think that this message board is a good starting place. Maybe I can add a chatroom, and we can schedule occasional meetings online. The NACHI conference will, I hope, be another place to start some major projects.

Let's brainstorm on what would be the most helpful way to organize via the web (due to the fact that we're from all over the country). Do we want a chat room, a private message board, etc.? Do we want an online calendar to post meetings, deadlines, etc.?

If anyone wants to start a project of their own (ie. some sort of promotional effort), I can set up a private forum on these boards that only participants of the project can view/post. That way you can discuss things without everyone watching.

And if you have some other scheme -- let me know. There's a lot you can do on the internet nowadays, so don't be afraid to ask if something's possible. I might say 'no,' but it's worth a shot.

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://lecIYnr3MaH0r8ip2FiwFtfmIzN.html)

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

Ok, e-mail me if you want to be part of our promotional group. I propose that we say that to remain in the group, you must post something in the promotional group topic at least once a week.

What do you guys think?

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://3W6KMC1GMyIjGOJIQ79omh6TPPQ.html)

Originally Posted By: Rusty Rothrock

Igor -

I just read your Jan. 18 comments. These are excellent ideas, that's go for it. Count me in also. I'm emailing Chris right now to sign up.

Regards, Rusty