NACHI Singapore Chapter forms.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

NACHI member Andy Wong has formed the NACHI Singapore Chapter. Currently there is no regulatory body for Home Inspectors in his country other than NACHI. NACHI Singapore Chapter has been contacted by the largest Trade Union in Singapore to carry out home inspections for their existing members of more than 300,000 who own public housing flats. Their primary objectives is to generate more business/job opportunities for the unemployed tradesmen from the sluggish construction industry. This will likely result in thousands of new NACHI members.

Joe Farsetta and Gerry Beaumont: Can you contact Mr. Wong please? He needs a little input on our COE and CEP.

Also, can someone please email him a copy of your E&O insurance policy. He would like to see one. Can someone scan and email, or just send?

Also, I need someone to go to Singapore for several days to help him. All expenses paid. Volunteers?

Andy Wong's contact info:

Business Name : AP & Associates
Name of Inspector : Andy Y. M. Wong (Owner)
Chapter: NACHI Singapore Chapter (President)
Address : 6 Jalan Gotong Royong, Singapore 538289
Tel : (65) 68582006
Email : apassoc@magix.com.sg

Nick

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Nick:

I am interested in taking care of that and getting the Singapore Chapter up and running.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

Haven’t been to Singapore since New Years Eve 1981. Watched the parade of the Boogie Street Queens.

Russel probably would have enjoyed that!

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: dbush

Joe, I will be happy to carry your luggage if you make a trip there. I was in Singapore many years ago, about 1989, on the USS America and I really enjoyed it and would love to go back, even if it is for work.

Dave Bush

MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Joe H. and Dave B. :

Maybe you guys could go. Andy has this Singapore Chapter heating up already. The President of the Consumer Association of Singapore is our first guest speaker.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Nick

I cant go, but would be happy to craft a workable COE and SOP for Singapore.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: awong

I have been receiving tremendous support and assistance from Mr Nick Gromicko, Mr Joseph Hagarty, Mr. Joe Farsette, Mr Chris Morrell and Mr Gerry Beaumont, it took me barely one week to carry out the formation of Singapore Chapter.

With this kind of continuous support from Nachi, I strongly believe that Singapore Chapter can be developed into a full fledge sole HIs regulatory body.

Thank you once again.

Andy Wong
NACHI Singapore Chapter
![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Nick,

Going Worldwide is fantastic. You're gonna have to add an "I" to the NACHI organization real soon. International Association of Certified Home Inspectors.
![](upload://43SbDZhDiF08R0ACwuNuCdIvRa4.gif)

Andy,

Welcome and good luck on your new Chapter opening. Wish I could venture out your way for this meeting, but jet lag is the last thing I need right now.

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Thanks David,

Nick has just planted a seed in South East Asia, I am sure he is having a bigger ?I? in mind. Perhaps this is one of his New Year resolution, not diet. Based on the forum that I have read, he has never failed to fascinate me ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif) with his surprises and goodies for NACHI members.

Andy Wong
NACHI Singapore Chapter

We will be working harder on InterNACHI, the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors this year. InterNACHI is a division of NACHI.

Nick

Andy:

Chris is working on the Singapore website. Hang in there.

http://singapore.nachi.org/

Nick

Thanks Nick,

I've seen it a moment ago. Excellent work Chris. ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif) ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif) ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif)
I'll get the committee members to work on the details on the homepage.

--
Andy Wong
Singapore Chapter
www.singapore.nachi.org

Miss Joyce Fernando, attorney at Robert W. H Wang & Wu has volunteered to join our Singapore Chapter today. Miss Fernando is one of the top construction lawyers in the firm. She is known as a gentle mediator but witty and tough in court.

Nick

Attorney Yoga Vyjayanthimala volunteered to sit on our Singapore Mediation/Arbitration Advisory Committee.

Both NACHI attorneys have been added to http://www.nachi.org/contact.htm

Nick

I am pleased to announce that Mr. Paul Tan has volunteered to serve as treasurer of Singapore Chapter of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors.

Mr Paul Tan holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Birmingham, United Kingdom. He is a practicing member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore (ICPAS) since 1995. He is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) since 1996. He is also a Member of the Singapore Professional Centre since 1998. In addition, on 8 October 2002, he is also admitted as a full member of the Singapore Institute of Directors (SID)

Currently, Paul is the Managing Partner of a medium sized Certified Public Accounting firm, since 1995. Prior to being a partner, he has extensive auditing experience working as an auditor in public accounting firms and a 2-year stint as the internal auditor of a Singapore public listed company. He serves in the Board of a Singapore public listed company as an independent director since 2002.

Besides professional auditing experience, he is also active in academia. He has been regularly giving lectures and seminars in areas of finance and business since 1991 at various educational institutions and private organizations including Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore (ICPAS) and Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS). His lecturing specialization is in the area of Singapore Taxation for academic qualifications (graduate and post graduate level), professional qualifications and for general practice. For his commitment and contributions as a lecturer at ICPAS since 1995, he was honored with a Service Award (Silver) in 2001. He has also contributed articles related to Singapore taxation in journals such as the ?Asian Entrepreneur? and ?The Contractor ? Official Publication of the Singapore Contractors Association Limited?

On the community service front, Paul also serves in committees in ICPAS and ACCA. Being a trained and accredited mediator of the Consumer Association of Singapore (CASE) mediation panel, he has successfully mediated many matters on behalf of C.A.S.E.

WELCOME ABOARD PAUL

Nick