NACHI

Originally Posted By: rray
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Okay, I’m going to have to edit this post after checking my email inbox which I had not checked in the last 12 hours. Thanks to all who have written. I don’t have time to respond to each of you individually so I shall do it publicly.

I have left NACHI, perhaps only temporarily, but nevertheless.

I need to devote time to my business.

People keep saying that I can boycott the Inspirational thread. That's not fair. All people need inspiration. But inspirational should be inspirational, not preaching. I draw inspiration from many sources, many of those sources being religion. That in and of itself does not bother me. Preaching in the wrong place at the wrong time by the wrong idiot bothers me. I recognize, though, that religion does a lot of good for a lot of people, just not me per s? in the typical sense of "religion" as most intelligent creatures of the world understand "religion."

For example, I'd be willing to bet that, notwithstanding any individual's like or dislike of some of the people quoted here, every one of these is inspirational to every intelligent person who reads them, Will notwithstanding:

The value of experience is not in seeing all, but in seeing wisely. (unknown)
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. (George Harrison)
I treat myself nicely, very nicely. I happen to like myself. I think I'm a good person. (Whoopi Goldberg, loosely quoted)
Do the best you can with what you've got when you've got it. (unknown)
When I'm wrong, I change my mind. What do you do? (Albert Einstein)
Quality will bring quantity. (Russel Kirk unless someone can prove someone else said it earlier)

Here's something that's not inspirational:
http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=967

I don't find inspiration in a big, ostentatious building, which all chuches seem to relish. Let's see. Can we build a bigger church than them to show that our God loves us more than their god loves them? Church buildings in and of themselves turn me off in a big way. I find inspiration out in nature and in helping people and being helped by people. When I think of the millions of dollars that the Mormon Church spent on their ostentatious temple here, it just sickens me. And it's not just the Mormons. They simply seem to be at the forefront of ostentatiousness today. If God is so wonderful, does he really need these ostentatious monuments to his glory? If so, I don't want anything to do with Him. Mother Teresa had it right.

Religious political extremist absolutist fanatic jerks like Will do nothing but stir up hard feelings between peoples and religions. None of the crap that Will has posted is inspirational. All his crap is preaching and proselytizing. There is a difference but a lot of people are not intelligent enough to see, know, or understand the difference between preaching and inspiration. They simply think that their way is the only way, and since they find their way inspirational, it must be inspirational for everyone. That's crap.

Quoting Bible verses is not inspiration; that's preaching, plain and simple. I know most NACHI people are intelligent enough to know that. But as long as there are idiotic, ignorant, self-righteous, all-knowing a--holes like Will in the world, there will always be 9/11s, Spanish Inquisitions, Holocausts, etc. Surely NACHI can do better. Who has contributed more to NACHI, Will with his Bible thumping, or the various Russel Kirks who contribute more than anti-Bible thumping? Who bears the greatest loss here?

Fighting jerks like William is taking too much time, yet I find it difficult to be silent and let jerks like him carry the day. Thank someone's God for the American Civil Liberties Union which does understand that America is not a religious theocracy and that the Founding Fathers, their backgrounds notwithstanding, definitely never intended it to be a religious theocracy. That's what they were running away from, folks. Here's what I'll do. I value my time at $100 per hour. I'll take the time that I could be spending here contradicting the great Will and simply send my money to the American Civil Liberties Union to help put a stop to those who are trying to change a great nation into an Iraqi-like religious theocracy. They do a more professional job than I can do, and that will allow me to dedicate my time to more home inspections, which will, of course, lead to more money to send to the ACLU. What a great system!

My grandmother, a very religious Catholic, constantly told me, "Never discuss sex, religion, or politics." She had a first grade education yet she was wise beyond the world. Regretfully, I had forgotten her wise words and it has cost me a lot of time.

Right now I want to dedicate myself to home inspections, being helped by other home inspectors, and helping other inspectors. For the most part, NACHI is not doing that for me right now. I'm going back over to inspectionnews.com as far as bulletin boards go, and I'll decide which home inspection organization is right for me in 2004.

When something is too loosely organized, as I believe NACHI is, it usually is just as bad as when something is too stringently organized, as I believe ASHI and CREIA are.

I'd like to see NACHI be a home inspection organization, the best home inspection organization. But I think it is too loosely organized to get to that level, and I don't have the time right now to help give it direction. There's a reason why organizations and society have rules and regulations; one cannot yell "Fire" in a crowded theater. Sex, religion, and politics should be discussed between individuals off line. If you'd like a moderator for the NACHI message board to oversee sex, religion, and politics, I might be willing to volunteer.

I don't have the time right now to dedicate to NACHI and helping it grow. I'll keep my membership active for the moment, but I'm editing all my controversial posts in controversial subject areas and will leave only those that pertain to home inspection questions.

I will not participate in any threads other than monitoring this one for a little while, nor will I participate in NACHI at this point. As soon as the great, all-knowing, I'm-the-only-person-who-knows-the-truth, religious political extremist absolutist fanatical jerk William posts some crap in this thread, I will quit monitoring it also.

I'm history, which means, of course, margarita time.

Originally Posted By: cmccann

rkirk,

You don't know me but I have been a member of NACHI for about 3 months. I just want to say that I believe in just about all you said, but leaving NACHI because of one person is wrong. You sound pretty smart so you should know that where ever you go there will always be that one person.

I just want you to know that I enjoyed reading your posts, and I can understand spending more time on your business, but just giving up and running away will only hurt yourself. I'll miss your advice and your funny lines. That's what your hurting, people like me not people like William.

Good luck to ya, and drink 3 more for me..........Chuck McCann ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: gsutterfield

Russel

How many times are you going to say goodbye ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)
Perhaps you really want to stay

Originally Posted By: wcampbell

Quote:
Who has contributed more to NACHI, Will with his Bible thumping, or the various Russel Kirks who contribute more than anti-Bible thumping?

I will agree with you on this one Russell, Being as I have been a HI for 11 months now. I have been in schooling on this forum.

Quote:
As soon as the great, all-knowing, I'm-the-only-person-who-knows-the-truth, religious political extremist absolutist fanatical jerk William posts some crap in this thread, I will quit monitoring it also.

Sorry you feel the need to leave. See ya on Inspection News ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
This Ole House-Home Inspections
William A. Campbell TREC # 6372
Serving the Texas Coastal Bend
(361) 727-0602 (home)
(361) 727-0055 (office)
(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: cmccann

William,

Why do you feel you need to post here when obviously he no longers wishes to converse with you? Please don't answer that. I know the answer already. Anyway I've said my peace and if this William character goes on the attack with me this will get very ugly. ![icon_twisted.gif](upload://xjO326gspdTNE5QS3UTl0a0Rtvy.gif)

--
NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: wcampbell

Quote:
Anyway I've said my peace and if this William character goes on the attack with me this will get very ugly.

Goes on the attack?? ![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

Sir, I have attacked no one. And I have no plans to attack you.

Quote:
Why do you feel you need to post here when obviously he no longers wishes to converse with you?

I thought that this was an open forum.

--
This Ole House-Home Inspections
William A. Campbell TREC # 6372
Serving the Texas Coastal Bend
(361) 727-0602 (home)
(361) 727-0055 (office)
(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: jremas

rkirk? Is that really you Russel? If it is I can tell you that I have no idea what you are talking about, I don’t read the inspirational thread because I choose not to and it is too long anyway. Who has time for that?

However, I never pictured you as a quitter for something that you have total control over. Why quit? Due to someone elses opinion? I would think that you are stronger than that. Very easy to ignore it and continue on your business. I am not here to kiss you butt so you come back, it's your choice. Many of your posts on different subjects were very long which shows you are passionate when you speak. However, to tell us you have to quit and one of the reasons is because you need to spend more time on your business shows a lack of self discipline. I don't post a bunch in the summer but in the winter time my posts increase because the business is slower. I don't have time to sit here and read all of the messageboard. You have total control of your life and what you do with it, don't let the opinion of others sway your decision making. This actually suprises me, I thought you were smarter than this. Of course if you have some problems and you need to remove yourself until you gain control of your problems I could understand that.

I could only imagine what is being posted in the thread you mentioned, I still have yet to read it.

Maybe too many margaritas............p-l-e-a-s-e........

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Russel,

I am sorry to see you go. I have not read the thread you have had so much to say about, and probably Will not.

I have enjoyed reading your posts throughout the other sections of the board, and both agree and disagree with opinions you write in them. That is what an open board is about isn't it?

I was going to ramble here about the dangers of the ACLU, and of organized religion, but then I guess that is probably what is going on in that other thread. No Need.

Good luck and best wishes in your endeavors.

Blaine ![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif)

Hey, Chuck.

. . .where ever you go there will always be that one person.
Unquote

That's true. Fortunately, other organizations have rules and regulations that prevent that one person. . .

Hey, Gary.

Perhaps you really want to stay
Unquote

Oh, no doubt. It's the only organization that let me actively participate in the organization as a home inspector, as a person. Yeah, I enjoyed that. But participating as a person takes time, especially when certain people are around and do everything they can to disrupt things with their own brand of religious political extremist absolutist fanaticism.

I've got other things do right now.

Give me another three years to get my company where I want it (Hi, Jerry, my mentor) and I'll come back to take on the jerks again.

Hey, Chuck

I know the answer already.

Yes, you do. Some people are just to dense to understand.

Since he has now posted, I'll answer the remaining few posts here and then I'll be history here, too.

It is an open Forum, Almighty Will. That’s why I’m leaving it. Too loosely structured with no appropriate rules and regulations. Fortunately, Inspection News has rules and regulations, and there are no Avatars, so, no, you won’t “see” me there and, fortunately, I won’t see you either.

Hey, Jeff.

I've enjoyed talking with you on the phone in the past. By the way, I returned your call the other day but you didn't return mine. I trust you resolved whatever was on your mind.

Anyway, no I'm not a quitter. Something I learned from my sixth-grade home room teacher that I have never forgotten:

A winner never quits, and a quitter never wins.

Hmmm. I should have posted that under INSPIRATIONAL. Unfortunately, it doesn't have an religious crap connected to it, so I guess it would have been inappropriate.

However, I believe Winston Churchill also said something that is relevant here:

Know when and where to pick your battltes.

Very easy to ignore it and continue on your business.
Unquote

In a sense that's exactly what I'm doing.

you are passionate when you speak.
Unquote

Yes I am. It's a strength while also being a weakness. Knowing how to handle it in both circumstances is another strength.

However, to tell us you have to quit and one of the reasons is because you need to spend more time on your business shows a lack of self discipline.
Unquote

I don't quite understand you here. It's the end of the month, the end of the year, etc. I have goals to reach for December and goals to reach for the year. I'm very goal oriented. And when I get to the point where I am attaining my goals, I like to just go ahead and totally crush them.

My business also is slower in the winter but still busy enough to keep my employees working and employed full-time.

You have total control of your life and what you do with it
Unquote

Well, not really. There are still a lot of religious political extremist absolutist fanatics in charge and voting that still won't let me marry my significant other of 9? years. Congratulations to the Massachusetts Supreme Court, not to mention Canada, The Netherlands, Denmark, Vermont, and, particularly, the European Union.

don't let the opinion of others sway your decision making.
Unquote

That's almost an unbelievable statement when you think about it. I care about people. I do care about their opinions, and not listening to them would not be fair to them. That's not me.

This actually suprises me, I thought you were smarter than this.
Unquote

I took the IQ test at http://www.emode.com and scored 129. I must have been tired that night. I scored lowest on the launguage portion. It's a statistically valid test as long as you only take it once.

if you have some problems and you need to remove yourself until you gain control of your problems I could understand that.
Unquote

Oh, I have problems, alright. No question about that.

And lastly, now that Almighty Will has posted in this thread, I won’t be tracking it anymore. I’m history.

For everyone except Will:

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=0183913358

Originally Posted By: tgardner

Dear Russel,

For man of your convictions, You have mighty thin skin!! One Will does not an organization make - or break. I lurked for several months before joining NACHI - your advice and insight had a large impact on my sending 1/2 of one inspection fee to join NACHI. You may need a vacation from the org. but don't make it permanent.

Thanks for your insight and advice.

Best Personal Regards,

Tim Gardner

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Russel,

I can't believe your going to let one man ruin your ventures here at NACHI. If I were you, I'd kick him aside (ignore) and continue your posting here. I think something else is bothering you and Will just added to the pot. Don't shy away from NACHI because someone else refuses to stand behind you on your beliefs or slanders your statements.

Your rash decision should be thought out.
Here, have a margarita on me.
![](upload://xN58S3ypT1NvWc18SwnLP9JLaG.gif)

And I hope you to see you continue posting here.

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: eporter

rkirk,

When I see something I don’t like, I don’t look at it. (i.e. the inspirational thread), when I find someone I don’t care for, I avoid them.

Personally, I do not feel that a home inspection forum is the place for religious messages of any type. But, since no one has disallowed them (yet), I just choose to ignore them.

Sorry to see you go. Hope you come back soon. 'Til then, hope to see you at Inspection News.

Have a beverage for me. Good luck.