NAHI Inspector to teach ethics

That would indicate to me that your inspection protocols need a little work. If your inspections are done to the same standards all the time, then it should make absolutely no difference whether or not the Client is a friend, relative, or a relative unknown.

Even with my fourteen different types of inspections (although I don’t do “inspections” anymore; I call them “assessments”), each type of inspection is done the same way, time after time, bar none. My LIST inspection is always done the same. My STANDARD inspection is always done the same. My PREMIUM inspection is always done the same. Etc. So I would have no problem doing an inspection for mom, dad, brother, sister, property investor, buyer, seller, renter, etc.

If I believe that I have the best inspection in town, and I do, why would I not want the best for my family, friends, and relatives, especially if I give it to relative unknowns? Doesn’t make sense to me.

So my advice would be to sit down and determine your inspection protocols and then apply them equally to every Client. Do not discriminate!