NASE & MEGA- Any opinions... stories?

Just curious if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with NASE and their MEGA LIFE insurance…

I’ve been talking and they have a lot to offer and you can pick and choose your coverage, deductibles etc… for health insurance… I especially like the Association 105 HRA for additional tax savings on your medical side.

they offer term life as well… one product for term which was interesting was a Return of Value… which means if you take a 20 term life policy, you get your premiums back at the end of the term if you do not use the policy… 100% (no interest)… the premiums are slightly higher… about 117.00 per month for a 100k and 200k policy…

Their association has a lot to offer as well…

Our policy with high deducts will run about 400.00 that includes the association dues… 45/mo ( a little high) which is all affordable…

Maine has limited options for healthcare for the small business…

Is there anyone out there with any experience with these guys?

Jeff,

I just started talking this over with a Rep in my BNI group.

Seems like the best insurance deal out there.

I looked at them a couple years ago and their rates were higher then… with the pick and choose options you can make it work. There rates are very comparible to Anthem…

Plus, NASE membership has some perks too…

I am switching my universal life policies 50k/50k over to term 200/100 and only paying a few dollars more…

cancel my roadside through by cell phone will save me 10.00 month…

just feeling it out at this point… wanted to hear any horror stories if there were any…

thanks

Be sure you read the fine print before signing up with NASE. They sent a silver-tongued salesperson to my house and he tried to hard-sell me on their “policy.” it was garbage; high premiums, high deductibles, minimal coverage, pre-existing condition loopholes, etc. I finally decided to go with an HSA instead so (at least) I know the max cap on my yearly medical expenses.

Not that there are any good policies out there for the self-employed/small business owner to begin with. Eventually, there’s going to have to be a revolt at the voting booths to get anything done about controlling health care costs…

Oops. Almost started a rant… :wink:

we were looking at the HSA also, and discovered the 105 HRA which appears to give you more of a tax break on federal state and selfemployment and may cover more items than a standard hsa… plus you have to have a qualifying plan to have an HSA… Maine is a guaranteed health insurance state… meaning you cannot be refused a policy… the problem is finding a company that sells in maine… few and far in between…