Nathan Thornberry lawsuit including actual, never-seen-before exhibits. Wow!

And we used that COE to expel him from membership in InterNACHI.

You’re fighting with logic (not me). I suspect you’ll lose this battle. But knock yourself out. Explain to us all how we are to expel someone who has already been expelled. This should be good. :wink:

No I am fighting your ridiculous claim that the vendor COE was created only for inspector/member/vendors.

You are depending on your spin to carry the day.

Plenty of us were there and know better.

Well it looks like there is one thing All of us agree on. Nathan Thornberry was a vendor that violated InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics.

Then you need to read the first line of Vendor Code of Ethics - InterNACHI® slower.

Again, explain to us all how our Code of Ethics could possibly apply to a non-member like Nathan or Paris Hilton. We’re all ears.

I did. You can’t read. You are also ignoring history.

Then if that being the case… NON-MEMBER VENDORS should NEVER be allowed to participate on any MEMBER ONLY threads, and any posting on public threads should be handled as SPAM!

Stop…you’re killing me dude…LMAO.
You really need to learn a new dance step or something because you have worn out this same old spin, duck and jive dance.

Lets get this straight for all to see without all your smoke and mirrors getting in the way.

Nick Gromicko, the Founder of InterNACHI has admitted and stated publicly that he personally feels that “Nathan Thornberrys actions were completely unethical” that is a fact as you wrote that a few posts above.

Then you say even though those are your personal feelings as the founder of InterNACHI you/Nachi still continue to promote this vendor and his products to all of your members, and some members are even currently being sued by the same vendor. << This is all OK with you?

Also FYI Nobody ever asked you to be the vendor ethics police, seriously I don’t even think you could do that position. Regardless Once a Nachi promoted vendor has been proven to be unethical for example the pro lab incident,then at tht point don’t you think it would be a prudent idea to cease promoting his services to your members as a good company to do business with? couldn’t that Harm members ?

Jim

No, that would harm members. What if it isn’t SPAM? If it’s inspection related, it isn’t SPAM to some members. What if the vendor’s product or service is something members might benefit from knowing about or what if they want to discuss those products and services with the vendor? That doesn’t seem fair to members. This message board is for the industry to discuss things including vendor products and services and alert fellow members to their experiences, good or bad. Actually, that’s one of the main membership benefits of this message board, and we can’t take that membership benefit away from our members.

Then you need to bring back the “Nachi Mall”, with a dedicated vendor MB section for conversations about their products, so interested members can go “walk the mall” and ‘visit the reps’ if they want to see what vendors have to offer! This would also prevent all non-interested members from constantly being bombarded seeing the SPAM that they do not wish to see. Consider this the member “Opt-Out/Opt-In” option! I would bet if you started a poll, less than 15% would say they consistently purchase from NEW Nachi vendors, and only less than 5% after their initial purchase (report software, etc.).

Well, we just don’t get many SPAM complaints from members. None that I can recall. And judging by the “replies” and “views” counters in threads that have titles that are clearly about a vendor’s product and services… we can say with certainty that such threads are super popular.

What would our industry be without vendors? Without books, without schools, without insurance, without flashlights, without websites, without reporting software, without conventions, etc? Vendors and their products and services are a huge part of our industry that members like to know about, discuss with fellow members about, and read about. It just can’t be denied. It’s really a membership benefit to be able to do all that, and a membership benefit we can’t take away from members.

Nick,
When most NACHI members signed up with Nat, he had your and NACHI’s endorsement. Nat and you was in a wild love affair then. By Nat still being allowed to advertise in the NACHI newsletter, he still has NACHI’s endorsement.

So why is a proven suspended unethical vendor allowed to promote his wares in the NACHI newsletter?

Also, are you saying that if NACHI endorses a vendor, then the vendor gets expelled from NACHI and that vendor sues NACHI members, NACHI will do nothing to help those members?

Let me guess what Nick will say!

NACHI does not endorse vendors :slight_smile:

Well, he wasn’t sentenced to death :roll: . He only lost his membership at InterNACHI and nothing more. He still sponsors chapter events, buys advertising from our affiliates, sells products and services to InterNACHI members, and is even the speaker at our upcoming Alberta AGM meeting.

Juan’s right. That’s an impossible hypothetical. InterNACHI doesn’t endorse vendors.

Nick, you and Nat had a love affair and everybody knows that. If I remember right, you even disbanded the Ethics Committee because they were upsetting your once lover.:stuck_out_tongue:

When NACHI is receiving money from a vendor for advertising in NACHI publication, such as the NACHI newsletter, they are endorsing. I know of Realtors who got sued for a neglect referral because they referred by an inspector that missed major defects. What put their nail in their coffin was receiving money from that inspector for advertising. No difference. NACHI is acting like a bunch of scumbag Realtors.

NACHI does not receive money from vendor advertising. They never have and never will :slight_smile:

I thought Nick said that already…

I know, Nick probably won’t remember what he said in post #15.:wink:

Wrong. A company Nathan has a financial interest in, purchases advertising space by the inch, from an affiliate who publishes our newsletter at no charge to members. That’s how it is funded for you. In other words, YOU indirectly get his money, not us.

Furthermore, no one there makes any determination as to the level of ethics of the companies that buy that ad space and no one at InterNACHI does either. We don’t even visit the website links the advertisers display in their ads, let alone make any judgement about those companies.

Furthermore, Nathan’s companies were not banned from our chapters, banned from buying ad space from our affiliates, banned from sponsoring events, or banned from selling products to our members like Juan. He wasn’t sentenced to death. He was personally expelled and nothing more.

Furthermore, InterNACHI doesn’t get a penny of Nathan’s money. Not one penny.

And finally, InterNACHI doesn’t sell ad space to anyone ever. There are no ads cluttering up our website or this message board. PRO-LAB offered us $10,000.00/month for one banner ad. Considering our traffic: www.nachi.org/ticker , they would not be overpaying. We turned them down. Perhaps if God wanted to buy an ad, we’d make an exception.

Okay, a non-member vendor is allowed to be on a NACHI newsletter with a NACHI logo as along as NACHI is not involved in it’s creation, even though it is being sent out through the InterNACHI email server. So then a nonmember inspector is allowed to promote his business with a NACHI logo and NACHI other marketing materials?

No, your premise is incorrect. Any non-member, industry vendor can buy ad space from any InterNACHI affiliate. A member being expelled from InterNACHI would not trigger a ban of all companies (the former member has an interest in) from doing anything. They can (and do) continue to sell to members as well. We don’t make judgements on behalf of our members. They are all big boys and can decide who they want to do business with.

What industry vendors can’t do is buy ad space here on our website or here on our message board, because we don’t sell ad space here to anyone… except maybe God.