Nathan Thornberry sues Kevin O'Malley and related entities for Tortuous Interference

He appears to have a reading comprehension problem. :roll:

I have posted this already in another thread. Even I think some of the marketing tools he sells or barters to some inspectors might actually be good and necessary for some inspectors and hopefully are helping them get some jobs.

The bottom line is Most of you know that I personally think Nathan Thornberry is a useless toad and a thorn in this industries butt. I will give him credit for the MLM marketing techniques he using as he does convenience some inspectors to use his products and even they are telling others to give them a try. Now that takes some good MLM marketing skills.

To those that are now getting sued for making Nathan money off your hard work in the past but never listened or read the words that some of us put on the wall, well you deserve what you get. You made a contract with Nathan (foolish as that may be) and now you broke it thus you deserve what you get.

Fortunately for you, as Nick said i9n one of his posts, Non competes are nearly impossible to enforce with your own employees, but to get a judge to enforce them to someone that was paying you for a product and you were profiting off the transaction? that will be a hard nut to swallow and a travesty of justice in my opinion.

Well this will at least be interesting to follow.

Jim

In defense of Nathan, If anyone was or is actually stupid enough to put his ridicules clause in their agreements and then broke it’s terms they deserve what they get. I doubt any judge with 1/2 a brain will enforce it as it is too limiting for the inspectors and other reasons… IMHO

Jim

Isn’t that also the town his parents “Headquarters” for their Inspection Company is based?

The inspection industry (inspectors particularly) benefit from vendor competition. I wish InterNACHI had some more formidable competitors. If InterNACHI had stronger associations out there to compete with, this list would be a lot longer by now: www.nachi.org/benefits.htm

Kind of Ironic wouldn’t you say…

All I can say is this is going to be quite interesting to see how all the chips fall. It sure does make for some good drama again. The funny part is everyone was warned years ago to stay away from putting any kind of clause in their agreements that would in any way shape or form potentially harm them for any reason and just for some marketing tools? Heck Nick gives us all the tools one could need and does it for free !!!

However if anyone is/was stupid enough to add that little bit of Legal mumbo jumbo into their agreements and then broke its terms, well than Nate has every right to go after them. I doubt he can win as non competes are quite difficult to enforce, but still he has the right.

Jim

Next the fart candle guy will tell all of his members to stick a clause in their contract saying if any customer talks bad about the inspector or his company, or decides to use another inspector on a different purchase, this member can sue that customer.

Isn’t it already in there?

Maybe a free fart candle on every inspection is the next “must have” to operate a successful HI business…

Really, Nick… haven’t you learned that certain vendors are poisonous to this profession?

I am no fan of HON… but really.
HON is potentially at fault… MAYBE

Those inspectors who violate the terms of the agreement with RWS have a bigger problem, IMO.

All the crazies are coming back. Wheres JB?

I have never seen Mr. Farsetta treat you with anythng but respect.

What a butthead you are.:frowning:

Nick like’s to poke the bear, eh?

Are you serious? Who was right back then, and proven to be right now? I guess it was us crazies huh…LOL

Juan, I always said you appeared to be a go getter, a hard worker and one of those that can make it in this biz. Please stop down playing your abilities and sounding foolish by sticking up for some vendor that could sue you as well if you wanted to use any other competing product that he sells. Come on Juan you aren’t really that blind.

Jim

In the balls… with a pointed stick!

Juan must need a crutch or 3 or 4

I never seen a clause such as that, Nat is pushing his members to use. Just seen the clauses protecting himself, years ago, never seen one that really protected his members yet. I do not keep up with what the fart candle guy is up to. He sickens me every time I think all the harm he is doing to the industry.

And now his eye is on REA’s.

Quite uncalled for to attack a respected member of this organization! This also coming from someone who claims to be religious and markets his business as such? :roll:

Hello Joe,

Great to see such a respected member of the organization returning! Hopefully you’ll choose to stay around for a lot longer!

BTW I about spit my drink out reading that line! You kill me!

it is sad indeed. Joe has done more good for this organization, then most could even think about doing. He was here early in the organization. Too bad some wrong headed moves by Nick keeps Joe from participating more.:shock: