National Cert. Poll

I guess we all agree it is not the best pole to make a decision on .
But unfortunately CAHPI has given us no information at all.
We continue to get what the chosen few feel is their great ideas but I am still looking for some true facts.
Bill Mullen has shown he can give his openion on ever thing but never any facts.
Claude is great on evading but tells all how good it will be .
I would just love to see some information that decisions can be made on .
Simple Facts that all can understand.
Bill unfortunately has told so many lies it now will be hard to believe any thing he says.
Why has CAHPI not come out with some simple information that is factual.
NACHI is still the only place any information comes from.
Thank you NACHI.
This is exactly what went on in Whistler and we all know where that has gone … Cookie

Is this poll for all members or just Canadian?

If any one asks you tell them you have a Canadian Friend and he said why not go for it. .

… Cookie

[quote=rwand1]

It is my desire to have an Act that recognizes all existing associations to certify HI’s and they will be licensed based on that certification. With two HI Associations, Engineers Association, Architects Association and the Technical Associations being given the responsibility to issue certifications will create competition and that can only improve the behaviour of each of the associations and each and every member.

All the professional associations that operate under legislation are very successful. Doctors, lawyers, architects, Etc., and the public has faith it their abilities to provide competent service.
The Canadian HI Associations do not have the benefit of an Act that sets out the parameters that they must follow to maintain their levels of competence.

Do not the above named associations operate in Ontario?
Are they not successful?
As for apathy every group I have ever belonged to has about 5% active members and the rest follow. Then about 5% do nothing but bitch about what the active members do.

It is my desire to have an Act that recognizes all existing associations to certify HI’s and they will be licensed based on that certification. With two HI Associations, Engineers Association, Architects Association and the Technical Associations being given the responsibility to issue certifications will create competition and that can only improve the behaviour of each of the associations and each and every member.

I stated:

Vern,

Please note I was referring to home inspection “self regulation” (inspectors overseeing inspectors) not parlimentary Acts granting self regulation as you have provided.

I think you ban on with your othe views.

10-4 good buddy, thanks.

And what do you think the professional associations do? Lawyers police lawyers, engineers police engineers and one thing is for sure they will not tolarate any interference from people that are not of their profession.