National Certification Authority NCA Elections Reminder

The conditions have been laid down, everyone knows what is needed to make cooperation between Nachi and CAHPI/National work, the ball is now in the Nachi court.

Mario and Ray I must have Missed some thing
Can you please tell me what OAHI members pay to take the NCA
can you Please tell me what NACHI members pay to take the NCA.
Can you please tell what the Advantage is to even consider taking the NCA.
Can you tell me who have passed the NCA.
Can you shown me the NCA Bylaw’s .
Can you tell me who has control and makes the rules of the NCA.
Can you tell what the Continuing cost is to belong to to belong to the NCA.

To me there is no comparison with the NCA and
Certified Master Inspector.
The Certified Master Inspector is open and above board to all Home Inspectors.
The Certified Master Inspector has a web site to help all Home Inspectors and freely gives answers .
ALL Certified Master Inspectors are listed .
It is obvious that Both Claude and Bill Know how great the Certified Master Inspectors is as they both are now Certified Master Inspectors .
It is obvious that All Certified Master Inspectors have a lot more experience then Many who have Done the NCA.
WE know the Cost to be a Certified Master Inspector is considerable less then the NCA and that there is no continuing cost where The NCA is still a moving target and we are told the Cost could be considerable to maintain membership.
I still feel Honesty must be forth coming and equal treatment for all Canadian Home inspectors before we even think about whether this has any Merritt.
At this time I still feel it is smoke and mirrors just to make money for a % of the directors.
Why should we be listening to a NCA Director who has from the get go ridiculed NICK,The NACHI Association and its members .
This has not changed and he has never apologized for what he has said many times previously.
I do not see any advantage for NACHI to even consider cooperation with the NCA
…Cookie

**"The fee structure is very fair when you consider the extra administrative work involved in processing someone who is not from an association that has signed an equivalency agreement with the NCA.

The opportunity for NACHI members to pay the same as CAHPI members is available and has been offered many times. Why should other applicants subsidize the additional costs incurred to process and test NACHI applicants?"**

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. The fact remains that for whatever reason the point of access to this programme is sigificantly higher in cost tO the “great unwashed” than it is to those blessed persons on the inside. So the fact is that the opportunity is not equal. PERIOD.

Roy

I haven’t missed anything.

Stop flogging a dead horse.

The fact is you don’t have to join, thats optional. Nor does Nick have to undertake review for equivalency.

Therefore the arguements are moot.

The National will either fly or fail based on its own merits or lack thereof.

You need to be concerned with OAHI and its attempts to influence the legislature as it did with Pr 158 and any attempts it makes for licencing in Ontario.

Cheers,

George,

There are five options for Nachi members to consider.

1. Do not apply to National
  2. Apply for CMI
  3. Remain a Nachi member.
  4. Join OAHI
  5. Join ASHI

As to cost that is factor which has to be decided by each person, they alone will decide what they wish to spend, besides membership dues are tax deductible.

Cheers,

I am concerned about OAHI but OAHI does not effect me or the majority of NACHI members .
I am also Concerned about how the NCA is courting the NACHI members non stop and they still do not give the answers requested .
I wonder what you have learned to make you feel it is a good thing .

I wonder how you can except what Bill has said about You, me and NACHI in the Past .
Do you think he has changed I see no reason to feel he has .
He still is trying to con NACHI and its membership in my opinion.

…Cookie

Roy

I know just as much as you do and I have made up my mind to do what I will do based on those facts.

George:

Please try to look at this objectively.

If something cost you $ 2 to make would you sell it for $ 1 ?? I doubt it because that just isn’t good business.
But if the other party helped me make it and my cost dropped to $ 1, I could then sell it for $ 1 without losing money.

That’s all we are saying. Help us reduce the cost and the NACHI members benefit.

Other associations have made Equivalency applications and if they are successful, their members will be able to be processed easier, thereby saving money.

Bill Mullen

So if I read this right Join OAHI pay there admin fee deal with a huge can of worms to get a reduced rate into NCP or for go the worms and pay NCP directly and end up at the same spot but with no worms.

Well in this case maybe being wormless might be farther ahead, no slime and no stink.

2.) If I was to obtain my CMI first is there an equivilency set there with NCP or is it still the higher fees

Thanks

Billy

Hi Bill:

The NCA has invited those in charge of the CMI to send in an Equivalency Agreement apllication but so far this has been ignored. Until the CMI requirements are provided and someone signs the forms to verify they are what they are and will stay the same, no comparison can be done.

There is paperwork to be done so that both parties know what their rights and obligations will be. This is just the proper way to do business.

If this was done and both parties came to an Equivalency Agreement, the fees would be the same.

Bill Mullen

The plan being suggested is that 1) InterNACHI applies for “equivalency” and completes the application for review like OAHi and others did.

1. When equivalency agreement is ratified - all Canadian members of InterNACHI now have the exact same fee as other “equivalency agreement” holders such as OAHI.

2. All equivalency agreements come with conditions such as goals towards CAN-P-9 compliance. We already know the challenges for change.

3. Other benefits accrue - such as the “association” recognized gains more administrative work such as review of members - when and if such an administrative body/committee exists.

Claude:

I have come up with a plan that I will send to you and Nick once I get the details written out. It will allow both sides to save face and accomplish their own goals and also protect their own interests. I think it will be welcomed by both sides (although I can’t predict what some die-hards will do) and it will help the entire Canadian industry.
It follows what I mentioned doing a month or so ago, but with a surprising and daring twist.
All this arguing is getting us no where fast and it is not accomplishing anything positive. It’s time for someone to do something provocative and risky, and since I have never been afraid to be controversial and I have nothing to lose …

Bill Mullen

Actually those that come here to read whats going on in the industry need to reflect upon what is occuring in OAHI, which is mayhem, bylaws being broken left and right, no guarantee of anything, no advertising, no rights, no freedom to ask the hard questions on the CAFE or to expect truthful answers from anyone in OAHI management or other Committees.

If you are disatisfied with the lack of answers about the financial info from Oahi, (do your really know where your money is going and for what) seeing as you have not been told all year you have a couple of options:

Bury your heads up your collective asses.
Join NACHI,
Become a CMI
Join ASHI,
Become Nationally Certified.
Or stand up and be counted those of you who are pussies and know the problems and have left it to others to sort it out on your behalf.
You all liked to bitch about how you were treated with regard to your RHI being granted, but once you get it you become verbally constipated!

Do your due diligence just as you would when buying a house, quite frankly home inspectors are like Lemmings, they will follow their so called leaders right over the edge, no questions asked!

And for those who chose to let others do the dirty work on changing things and challenging what has been wrong for so long you are part of the problem!

Bill and Claude,

Not that I am a spokesperson for any association but,

I welcome your endeavours to pursue alternatives in the spirit of cooperation.

Cheers,

Bill, you can dress this up however you want but-

A - the cost differential makes access to the programme an unequal opportunity and that is in direct contravention of the CAHPI mandate as handed down by CMHC.

and

B - you have millions of tax payer dollars already tied up in the programme and that money came from my pocket and the pocket of every other Canadian.

I will second that George!

Anything costing me a penny more than average is not worth my time…

É Voila!

Ray,

Just wondering from your opinions of late, were you offered a partisan appointement by the NCA?

**"I will second that George!

Anything costing me a penny more than average is not worth my time…

É Voila!"**

Merci mon ami!

Marcel asked:

No special favours, no deals, no nothing.

I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

The National is optional, we have flogged it to death, it will either fly on its own merits or nose dive.

Besides my head hurts from banging it against the wall.

As to the RHIs who have bought into something that now turns out to pretty much smoke and mirrors they remain very quiet.

I have just received notification that OAHI has glaringly put pen to paper and yet again made demands that are not backed up by the bylaws! Seems if they can’t play fair they are willing to implicate themselves in making up the bylaws on the fly and then make it read and sound as if they know what they are doing.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens when they are legally challenged and those who have had a hand in the abuse of power and bylaws find themselves named as party to abuse of power, negligence and misrepresentation of contractual obligations.

They have unknowingly sealed their fates with their last laughable attempts.

Cheers,

This message has been deleted by rwand1. Reason: I don’t need no stinking reason!

Ray,
Does that means that your reason stinks ;-)?