National Certification

Bill you are like the ever ready battery you just keep going and going . I politley asked you for an apology for what you said about Raymond and this is your apology posted -12/04/2004 at 22;56;31

Roy:
You want an apology Okay ,here it is.

I apologize to the members for wasting their time explaining things to you.

I hate to call people liars,but darn it Roy that’s the way it is, Raymond continues; to fabricate stuff to bolster his bull**** poison agenda.
You yourself have been living a lie about your appeal with OAHI.
You know George Webb and I both offered you a chance to get your RHI with little fuss or muss but you decided to bankrupt OAHI’. We have had two people who have verified that they heard you say that your appeal was your entertainment.’
I am glad you have decided to join forces with Realtor Nick who has accused us Canadians of being 'gay’and ‘stupid’ It’s a good fit.
You and NACHI deserve each other.

I am also glad you have decided to not renew your membership in OAHI your absent will improve our quality. Please convince the other garbage to join you .
CAHPI and CAHPI-Ontario are moving forward and I have some announcements which will soon blow the walls of the joint.
It’s too bad you decided to leave .

Bill Mullen "

This is just some of the Things Bill has said that are completely wrong.
He is trying to quote some one else with information that I never said
he is trying to tell that he was going to get me my RHI and he did not have the authority to do this and it never did happen .
I had to take it to appeal and this given under OATH showed I was Right and that some of the OAHI directors lied .
This is the person who feels he has the ability to lead the Canadian Home Inspectors .
Well I would just love the chance for him and I to go under oath and I can safely say I am clean ,
I know Bill could never do this as he is far from clean.
He has non stop made accusations about me and others for about three years.

If people want to they can see on this BB where Bill has made a lot of incorrect statements Example I received no compensation .
Well I posted a letter of Bills where he said he got $20,000:00.
Bill did you ever work for the Ontario lottery association ?

Roy Cooke

Bill Mullen

Sorry I did not go back to see what the amount was I was going from memory If it is $12,000:00 .
( I guess that makes me a liar and you feel GOOD )
Great I feel that you where worth every penny you got I have never said you should not get paid It was you who said you got nothing zilch zero .
You seem to forget it was always Roy who posted any thing you wanted posted on the NACHI site and I did this many times .
It is you who loves to call people liars .
When asked for proof you skirt around as per usual .
NICK is a very smart man and I guess he can see what sort of a person you are .
It will be very interesting to see if you do show up to speak .
Bill Can you confirm when and where you told all the CAHPI members that they could attend the NACHI conference and that CAHPI and OAHI had an offer of a free both at the Conference .
None of the CAHPI members I have talked to have seen where you posted this.
BTW: Nick tells me you will not be speaking after me if I come to the convention?. Why are you telling these good people something different? One of you is wrong and so far Nick hasn’t lied to me.
Bill most of us know how good your word is.
ARE YOU AR ARE YOU NOT COMMING TO SPEAK ??? AT THE NACHI
CONFERENCE
Bills favorite song is First you say you will then you say you wont .

Roy Cooke

Bill Mullen
Keynote Speaker Extrordinaire

Gentlemen !
Nobody is perfect. People make mistakes ! If somebody is looking for a perfect house or a perfect companion… even perfect forum member… There is no such thing. They must be dreaming…
Personal attacks, mud slings won’t do anything for the betterment of our trade. With team work, positive attitude and forward thinking we can achieve a lot.
We are mature people ! We know that everybody’s opinion is different.
We are better off spending our energy positively!

Nalliah Thayabharan
Markham ON

Gee I a sorry to see you so desperate to say (You seem to forget it was always Roy who posted any thing you wanted posted on the NACHI site and I did this many times . You certainly have posted many things. However, they have only been posted if you felt you could damage my reputation wih them somehow.)
I made the posts you asked me to got told by some others I should not try and help you .
I said nothing and let you gather the information you needed .
You now try to say I did it for me .
Bill I do not need to help me I do very well thank you .
I am concerned with all Canadian Home inspectors that you are trying to abuse .
So strange you can pick on me and others but when I or some says any thing about you it is wrong .
Bill if you can not stand the heat then you might be better to stay out of the Kitchen.
You are very jealous of NACHI and its members .
A very poor way to go through life .

Roy Cooke

I agree completely .
But this is my home association and when an invited guest comes into my home the proper thing to do is treat the members of that home with dignity and respect.
I will give any one the benefit of making an error but when my friends and my association is continually attacked look out.
NACHI welcomes all and treats all great .
If people can not behave in our home they should leave.
I do hope you continue to visit and see how great NACHI and its members are .

Roy Cooke

You are right Mr Wand. I did not see the documents .
I did apply for the national certification because I wanted to participate in a national strategy guiding the future of the Canadian Home Inspection profession.
I believe national certification authority works in the best interests of the home inspection profession throughout the country, accommodating the interests of all associations and members of the profession throughout the country.
I also think national certification authority is a mechanism to allow each of the existing inspector associations/groups to work together toward a series of long-term common goals primarily focused on improving common national standards for inspector certification, education and training and standards of inspection performance.
I strongly believe that we all will benefit from a strong national program and certification system - including the potential for increased market share and expanded for national certificate holders, improved market identity of, and credibility for, national certificate holders.
Many individuals within all current associations share a commitment to improving their profession. The challenge to the profession is to implement a strategy which focuses the energies of all members of the profession towards achieving common goals.
The Canadian Home Inspection profession needs to earn a position of respect and trust through the provision of excellence in inspection for their clients. The national certification will coordinate efforts across the country in support of that vision.
I hope national certification will elevate the status of the profession in the minds of the consumer, home inspectors, government, and key stakeholders across Canada.

Nalliah Thayabharan
Expert Building Inspections Ltd
Markham ON

Nalliah

If you haven’t seen all the documentation then how can you be assured that the National is going to do or promise everything you have been led to believe?

Currently there is no mutual meeting of minds between the associations, this is very evident by the actions and statements being made by people in authority within CAHPI-OAHI who have no business making such statements. The Olive branch has been extended several times and contrary to existing by-laws within CAHPI-OAHI the Olive branch has been snapped over the knee of CAHPI-OAHI. CAHPI has repeatedly shown that it is not going to co-operate by sending Mr. Mullen here to try and explain a program that is discretionary in its pricing, his attitude of anyone he feels beneath him, and the repeated statements suggesting only NCHolders will be the one and ony. This is has misled to repeated misinformation, surely a body that wants to be seen in the light it so desires would send someone in authority to address the issues.

Nalliah you have apparently signed onto a program without full knowledge of the facts. There is no proof whatsoever that being Certified is going to increase your number of inspections or respect from the realestate community. As you are a member of OAHI which if run properly far outweighs National Cert. This tells me you have abandoned OAHI in favour of a program you really know nothing about.

For the record we are all in favour of improving the profession but to improve it it must be open and jointly done without the clear descrpecencies we see. Anyone who has taken the time to investigate further and speak to CMHC will find out that Mr. Mullen has exaggerated greatly what its all about. I have found CMHC is telling a different story.

The National is not going to elevate the profession and that will not become abundently clear until sufficient numbers of inspectors from the outside recognized body of CAHPI. With the current pricing scheme, no accountability and friends appointing friends, and decisions having been made without full knowledge of members there is a big question mark hanging over the program. The inability of CAHPI to effectively market the program, provide proper answers, or to send the people in position of power , i.e. the President, no one can be assured of anything stated by Mr. Mullen as he has quite a history of prevericating.

If you have signed up thats fine, but please don’t suggest to us all that the National is some program that is going to revolutionize, or increase your biz or your image because thus far all I am hearing are egos and hot air, in an effort to hoodwink many.

Cheers,

Seeing as Mr. Mullen is not or does not hold any longer a official capacity with CAHPI/National why isn’t Mr. Guihan being invited to deliver the message at the conference.

Mr. Mullen stated sometime ago Mr. Guihan was not fully aware or knowledgable about the National, yet I have read much in articles that seem to indicate otherwise. Surely any association worth its weight would send messenger who can sell the goods without the need for ego, and embellishment and can talk the talk and walk the walk?

Greetings Ray !
I wish I have the full knowledge of the facts about every thing I do in my life. But I do not have the time, resources etc to have the full knowledge of the facts. With positive attitude and gut feelings, I make decisions iin my life. I made several major decisions in my life without any assurances and full knowledge of the facts, including my university degree program, my marriage etc.
Nalliah Thayabharan
Markham ON

You’re sure about that first statement? I guess there’s no reason for CAHPI to have sent me to Ottawa for six days as their representative then. Darn. How will I get home?

Bill Mullen RHI
CAHPI Past President (member of the CAHPI Executive)
National Certification Program Official Historian

If you are as you try to let us know the person who has the answers,it would be nice if you do answer some of the questions instead of being factious all the time .
I and others would appreciate jus some good old common decency and proper answers.
Thanks Roy Cooke.
Please Bill do not try and turn it around and blame me .
You try to do this all the time .
Roy Cooke

Nalliah,

I guess I must be lacking a positive attitude. :wink:

So far all we have seen are few answers to a rather large special interests looking after the pieces of the pie.

Given attitude of many in OAHI that are not in favor of having the National dilute the status of RHI, I wonder how many RHI’s will apply. Again without adequate participation the designation is meaningless. There will be so few Natiionally Certified members in Ontario, they will surely not be able to fill the demand for inspections by NC inspectors.

Ditto Nachi inspectors. There are only a few that have applied. So the proof is in the numbers.

Its also unfortunate that other issues well discussed here have clouded the true facts, and the misinformation which has been disseminated.

By the way I am informed that there is very little discussion on the Oahi Cafe about this whole subject; about getting Nationally certified… do you suppose thats because the members are not interested or because they can see its irrelevant vis-a-vis RHI? Just for the sake of discussion.

Cheers,

Bill, like you I am sure of my statements. Glad to hear you are going to Ottawa for six days and 5 nites. If you haven’t figured out how you are going to get home maybe you should lean on your government contacts to have a government jet pick you up in Ottawa and fly you back to Sarnia. :wink:
Congratulations on you new title. “National Certification Program Historian”!
Is that a self certification? :wink:

Bill, please face the facts. you are not anymore a spokesperson for CAHPI than Nick is for NACHI Canada! :mrgreen:

I’ve never said I was. As I have always maintained, I am just a Canadian Home Inspector who happens to know more about a certain topic than anyone else and I’m happy to share.
Feel free to ask anyone else whom you feel knows more about the program than I do. I’ll gladly step aside if you can name (and prove) one person who has more knowledge and history about it.

Bill Mullen