Nationwide Vanity Number for Home Inspections is a reality!!

Originally Posted By: jgushard
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Vanity 800 numbers are very effective in marketing. Think of ordering flowers for example, what comes to mind usually? 1-800-FLOWERS Why doesn?t home inspection have a vanity number? We do!! 1-877-INSPECT, which will allow individual businesses to receive customers from a set area of their choice.

The concept is simple one national number 1-877-INSPECT, which prompts callers to enter the zip code of the property to be inspected. This directs customers to individual NACHI home inspectors who have designated a particular territory. You sign on with a 12 month commitment, and if you want to remain part of it your zip codes renew monthly for you. If you don?t like it you can opt out and your zip codes go back into the pool to be sold to the next inspection company.

We all advertise 1-877-INSPECT in conjunction with our own advertising. This generates more leads for NACHI members as the number gains popularity. We personally have signed up for 24 zip codes in Arizona. We are embarking in a letter writing campaign to folks that contact area chamber of commerce?s about relocation. Each will receive a letter telling about our services, and advising if they choose to relocate elsewhere they can dial 1-877-INSPECT to find an inspector in their local area.

This simple act will generate calls to other inspectors, at no cost. We are decaling our windows on our personal vehicles, motor home, and we have talked a friend into decaling the back window of their motor home with 1-877-INSPECT. The large vehicles are moving billboards and should pan out to be fruitful advertising. Our business cards, etc, still have our own identities. This is just another means to advertise.

By all joining together we can boost our businesses and the business of other NACHI members. In order for this to work members need to take advantage of the lower rates being offered temporarily as an incentive for sign up. We all can help ourselves and each other. This program has potential and I believe in it.

This program excites me because it is so simple, but so potentially good. After many years in telecommunications prior to co-owning a home inspection company, I can honestly tell you that this offer has potential to be very lucrative for all involved. It takes participation by all, however with this participation, we can make NACHI shine, and help our bottom line.

There are lots of zip codes still open. Pick up the phone and call David Michael Green of Inspector USA at 606-674-8168. If you prefer to email his email address is iusa@bellsouth.net The prices are straight forward, and fairly reasonable. I have seen much worse in my time in telecommunications.

Let?s all get together, and drum up business. We have potential to dominate the home inspection industry. Why not do it? The money involved for an advertising campaign of this magnitude is so minimal. This could be the independent home inspector?s ticket to an untapped market. We could potentially put home inspection location, and hiring in the hands of the people who matter most, the buyers and sellers.

Justin Gushard
Co-Owner/Business Manager
JAM Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: rwashington

What are some of the average prices and what kind of ROI has there been? Testimonials? More specifics please…

Richard W Washington

www.rwhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Put forth your pricing schedule here for all to see please.

Originally Posted By: dgreen1

Yesterday I received calls from home buyers in GA, OH, and CA needing inspectors in their areas, I had to send them to Findaninspector.us because we didn’t have members in their areas. We officially go online next week and need to get the territories covered ASAP.

The potential for success with this concept is staggering for those that have the foresight to get involved early! Imagine home buyers across the nation being able to dial one number and get connected directly to an INDEPENDENT home inspector anywhere in the country bypassing the Realtors. We've talked about relocation company inspections, what if we could just market one number for them to call to get instant access to an INDEPENDENT home inspector in the area they need bypassing the middlemen!

I am a local home inspector and could have easily kept this number for my use only but it would not be nearly as effective as having it being marketed and used by hundreds of inspectors across the country. So here is the new membership fees, e-mail me at iusa@bellsouth.net ASAP to reserve your zip codes because territories are exclusive and are provided on a first come, first served basis.

--
Michael Green
1-877-INSPECT/InspectorUSA
Kaesar & Blair Advertising Specialties Dealer

Originally Posted By: hgordon

As I discussed with you recently, I have major concerns that you have yet to clarify for me.

For example...What guarantees that you will not sell 877-INSPECT at some point down the road after we have all spent many dollars building up YOUR 877 number?

What if a national guy buys it...then we are screwed!

If you do sell, what guarantees do we have that we will not be pushed aside?

Who can own a 877-INSPECT area...what checks and balances are there in place to assure us that we are not giving out areas to $99 30 minute drive by rookie inspectors? After all, I do not want to be associated with this type of inspector.

Is this a NACHI only thing?

What happens if you don't pay the 877 bill...we all loose?

If we each pay to advertise this 877 number and you decide to increase the fees...we are stuck...now we advertised for the next guy who buys in or out bids us.

As I told you, the only way this makes sense for us is if we are "co owners" of the 877-Inspect number. This way we control it as a team.

Michael...I thought we agreed to hold off and have further discussion after this hurricane passed by...I am sure that this can be worked out but so far you have changed fees and direction 3 times...further, you still have no answers to these and many more important questions as it regards the security of our advertising dollars.

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

When dialing the 877-INSPECT number, who answers the phone?

How are the calls forwarded?

Who owns the number?

http://www.877inspect.com/

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

…is there a trade mark or registration mark violation or infringement issue there?

What about the fact that 877inspect.com is all ASHI? Think they wil just roll over and let us be?

--
Harvey Gordon
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Harvey,

To answer your questions...

1. As I discussed with you recently, I have major concerns that you have yet to clarify for me.

For example...What guarantees that you will not sell 877-INSPECT at some point down the road after we have all spent many dollars building up YOUR 877 number?

What if a national guy buys it...then we are screwed!

If you do sell, what guarantees do we have that we will not be pushed aside?

Answer: The membership agreement gives members exclusive rights to their chosen territories. It is a legally enforceable contract that must be followed by whoever controls the number. Basically if in the unlikely event that I were to sell it, the buyer must agree to comply with the terms of the membership agreements or the members can have the sale voided by the courts. Also I am having put into the membership agreements that the Membership will have first refusal to purchase the number before it can be sold to a third party thereby preserving the members rights.

2.Who can own a 877-INSPECT area...what checks and balances are there in place to assure us that we are not giving out areas to $99 30 minute drive by rookie inspectors? After all, I do not want to be associated with this type of inspector.

Answer: The member agrees in the membership agreement that they will perform inspections according to acceptable industry standards or risk loosing their membership status. This will be policed by an ethics committee of members who will hear complaints and decide if someone is harming the groups reputation.

3. Is this a NACHI only thing?

Answer: I have given NACHI members first refusal of territories for a period of time however this depends on actual interest of the members. If I determine that NACHI members are not interested then I will open it up to others.

4.What happens if you don't pay the 877 bill...we all loose?

Answer: Each member pays their own usage charges for the number...If they don't pay the phone bill they loose their territory. We pay a set fee to handle the routing which is exclusive of ownership of the number.

5. If we each pay to advertise this 877 number and you decide to increase the fees...we are stuck...now we advertised for the next guy who buys in or out bids us.

Answer: The membership agreement limits any membership fee increase to no more than 5% in any one year.

6. As I told you, the only way this makes sense for us is if we are "co owners" of the 877-Inspect number. This way we control it as a team.

Michael...I thought we agreed to hold off and have further discussion after this hurricane passed by...I am sure that this can be worked out but so far you have changed fees and direction 3 times...further, you still have no answers to these and many more important questions as it regards the security of our advertising dollars.

Answer: After i spoke with you I contemplated the possiblities of co-ownership but felt that this would be impossible due to the fact that there are limited territories and a group like NACHI has several members in the same territory and could not all benefit from the number. I do not see how that could be made to be fair to all. Concerning the 3 changes in direction...as I told you I am trying to design this to make it accessible for as many as possible. This has never been done before so a lot of this is trial and error...that is why I told you I am willing to listen to suggestions. A week ago Friday when we spoke you told me you would call me on last Monday to give me your ideas, I never heard from you. When I called to follow-up Thursday you had no time to talk, understandably due to the pending hurricane. But please understand that I have people waiting on me to take this thing live and can't sit and wait for people to decide if they want to take a little chance...This is business and business is taking chances...there are NO sure things. There was no sure thing when I invested the time and money to get the 1-877-INSPECT number.

--
Michael Green

Joe,

When we go live...and a customer in your area calls 1-877-INSPECT the call goes to a central message that thanks callers and asks them to enter the zip code of the property to be inspected after which the number is forwarded directly to your number for you to answer and sell.

I own the number 1-877-INSPECT and the domain 1-877-INSPECT.com, there is another inspector that owns the domain www.877inspect.com but they do not own the phone number. They own the number 1-888-INSPECT but only service a limited area. I guess they took the 877inspect.com domain to try to get people that might mistake it for their domain. We may want to pursue getting them to release that domain at some point once we are up and going.

--
Michael Green

Actually…the same ASHI guys who own 877INSPECT, also own 1877INSPECT.

Michael owns 1-877-inspect.com

Thanks Gordon,

I was not aware of the second one.

--
Michael Green

own the number.

Finally, to just go out and not secure 877Inspect.com....well, don't you think this should be a priority?

--
Harvey Gordon
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Harvey:

How many zipcodes are in your market area?

Do the math.

--
Joseph Hagarty

For anyone who wants to hear how the phone will be answered on the system you can call:

971-223-6502

This is exactly how it will work, we are just waiting on the phone company to finish the reforwarding of 1-877-INSPECT.

--
Michael Green

That is another MAJOR concern, Joe…for me to “protect” my area of concern I would need to buy 198 zip codes…at the rates Michael shows that would mean about 1,000/yr…and I have not even considered the cost to advertise them.

Harvey:

That is my point. The cost should cover the advertising. You should not be advertising the number within your own market. This should be developed as a program that is in addition to your own marketing.

Michael:

If I were to opt in, how would my area be marketed as the cost would be approaching $2000/Annually plus the cost of the phone calls that come in?

What if the client does not know the zip code which is what usually occurs when the calls come in to the office.

--
Joseph Hagarty

I am still a proponent to area codes versus zip codes.

Think about the costs...if I spend on the average, 10 minutes with a prospective client...and I get lets say 5 calls a day...that would equate to another 3.50 per day, times 5 days a week, times 52 weeks...or 950.00 a year.

Harvey and Joe,

Each member is responsible for there own local marketing, which we assume you are doing anyway. Simply add the number to your marketing material. I disagree with both of you in that for waht it is costing you I could never afford to market it for you...it is not set up that way. All I can say if at this point the program is not for you I understand...we will move on.

Joe,

In order to use the system the client will need to get the zip code which should be fairly easy...

--
Michael Green

dgreen1 wrote:

Each member is responsible for there own local marketing

If we are responsible for the marketing and the cost of the calls that come in, what is the $350 membership fee and additional fees for?

Appears to be long on cost and short on promise.

--
Joseph Hagarty

Originally Posted By: jpeck

jhagarty wrote:
dgreen1 wrote:

Each member is responsible for there own local marketing

If we are responsible for the marketing and the cost of the calls that come in, what is the $350 membership fee and additional fees for?

So you can advertise 1-877-INSPECT on your brochures.

Hmmmm ... But why advertise 1-877-INSPECT on YOUR brochures when you can advertise YOUR phone number on YOUR brochures, both of which you own. (I know, Joe H., that was your point ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) )

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida