Nationwide Vanity Number for Home Inspections is a reality!!

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

This looks to be very expensive for an unknown return. If this is being sold as a comparison to 1-800flowers, there is little if any.

With flowers, most people are sending them from one area to someone in another state or area and they probably don't know a florist in that area.

With inspections, most of the time people are using a local Realtor, mortgage company, bank, title company or lawyer and get referrals from them. ![eusa_think.gif](upload://lNFeGuTetUAtwNVgUSOuUzgrGGK.gif)

I will let my competitors spend the money, me thinks.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Jerry P:

Thanks for the help and clarification.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Mr. Green

Is this a part of your past idea that was posted previously or is this a new concept?

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: hgordon

Hi All,

I just completed a lengthily teleconference with Mr Green as to the concerns I have...as well as those posted by others here.

Mr Green has agreed to, for the state of Florida, hold off from engaging in the sale of this product for a period of time.

The hope is to, even if I cannot afford to participate, come up with some plans that make sense for the inspectors which would include the possible establishing of a state cooperative fund used to promote the number here in Florida.

I am not a party to any financial remuneration by Mr Green...I just agreed to look at this from "our perspective" rather than his and come up with something that makes some financial sense for both sides.

I am not saying that I totally agree that inspectors should market an 877 number rather than their own...but there is something to be said about VANITY NUMBER recognition and how it can ADD to the marketing benefits of a inspection firm or organization.

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: jpeck

hgordon wrote:
...but there is something to be said about VANITY NUMBER recognition and how it can ADD to the marketing benefits of a inspection firm or organization.

ONLY IF the inspection firm or organization OWNS the vanity number, otherwise, anything can happen to it and you have just spent your time and money advertising for someone else.

1-800-flowers works because you call from anywhere to have flowers delivered anywhere and because 1-800-flowers advertises itself.

1-877-inspect will not work if the inspection firms must advertise it themselves, then share the referrals with other members in the area covered.

A BETTER vanity number (for you) would be 1-800-727-4677 (1-800-SBS-INSP).

At one time I had 1-800-954-ASHI. I had it about 12 years ago or so and had it for several years, but gave it up because most of my calls were local calls, and I was paying for long distance for every call. I found that it did not pay to have it.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: hgordon

Agreed Jerry…as I said…I only agreed to look into it for Mr Green…as it stands, the only way I see 877-Inspect working is if there is an advertising cooperative of sorts.

I also agree as to a local number versus a toll free number. The 877Inspect toll free just adds to the ability to quickly remember a number...such as drive by advertising as in billboards.

Originally Posted By: dgreen1

Gentlemen,

I appreciate your consideration of the opportunity and it is apparent from your posts that it is not something you are interested in. That's the great thing about NACHI anyone can agree or disagree about specific issues and go on about our own businesses. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) By the way...Mr. Green is my father...my name is Michael and I am a fellow NACHI member.

--
Michael Green
1-877-INSPECT/InspectorUSA
Kaesar & Blair Advertising Specialties Dealer