ND Governor signs NACHI licensing into law.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

On April 14th the Governor of North Dakota signed into law NACHI-supported legislation which registers home inspectors.

Among other requirements home inspectors now must pass an exam which is offered by NACHI.

http://www.state.nd.us/lr/assembly/59-2005/bill-text/FARC0700.pdf

NACHI thanks member Dean Foell for his work in getting this sensible legislation signed into law.

http://www.nachi.org/ndhilaw.htm

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Not that is was never a "recognized’ exam (as Community Colleges in PA have used it for a while), but we now, officially, have a state recognizing the NACHI on-line exam.

I guess PA cant claim its "not recognized" anymore

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

For years, ICC and NACHI offered the only 2 exams that lead to earning ACTUAL College Credit. The Community Colleges across the country have always used NACHI provided exams and quizes and with only one small exception where one Community College offered a code course and used ICC’s, NACHI has always been the ONLY association that offered an exam to earn actual college credit.

This is still true today.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

I think that this information would be valuable to all members of all state assemblies considering home inspection legislation. What vehicle do we have readily available to communicate this?

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Joe F.: PA never claimed that. PHIC did. PHIC is not PA, it is a scam organization which has bilked many inspectors out of their hard earned money and they have no official capacity or any connection to the state of PA.

Jim B.: I really like this legislation as an option for states that don't want to get knee deep in licensing. Registration like this is similar to what FAPHI at www.Faphi.org proposed for Florida and it is very sensible.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.