Need Help choosing Inspectors tools!

Bruce,
I have one that is a clip on as well. That way I am commenting on my personal safety alarm going off (mine has gone off a couple of times) and I am not “testing” anything for CO. If it goes off, I tell the occupants as well as the client the home needs to be tested by a licensed professional for the presence of CO. Covers my butt, the clients butt and informs the owners and may be saving someone’s life in the process. I have a Smith Bacharach Mini SD. Great little device. I bought it off Ebay, it was a demonstrator for trade shows and like new. Self calibrated so I do not have to send it off. You can set it for any threshold of detection.

Bruce,
I have one that is a clip on as well. That way I am commenting on my personal safety alarm going off (mine has gone off a couple of times) and I am not “testing” anything for CO. If it goes off, I tell the occupants as well as the client the home needs to be tested by a licensed professional for the presence of CO. Covers my butt, the clients butt and informs the owners and may be saving someone’s life in the process. I have a Scott / Bacharach Mini SA. Great little device. I bought it off Ebay, it was a demonstrator for trade shows and like new. Self calibrated so I do not have to send it off. You can set it for any threshold of detection.

Some of you guys have all the perks…and take the greatest risks around. Thanks for your service to our community.

Doug,

If you ever run across another I’m in the market.

Actually the DFD units are much better than my $99 detector and you can set the range you want them to sound off.

They send one of the Hazmat guys around once a year to calibrate those units. I wish I could get them to do mine for me! :smiley:

Oddly enough, we’ve had a few runs where there’s 2 guys unconscious down in some pit. The story usually is: one goes down and his buddy says, “Hey Bob - you OK?”; he then proceeds to go help Bob only to pass out himself.

So being by myself, I figure the last thing I’ll hear is my unit beeping…

Barry,
I just plugged Carbon Monoxide into Ebay and this is one that popped up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGITAL-Carbon-Monoxide-CO-detector-meter-alarm-sensor_W0QQitemZ170210716683QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1504QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Barry,
I just plugged Carbon Monoxide into Ebay and this is one that popped up. Similar to the one I have, actually looks a little more sexy and designer than mine. Mine looks very industrial, rubberized outer case and flat black.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGITAL-Carbon-Monoxide-CO-detector-meter-alarm-sensor_W0QQitemZ170210716683QQihZ007QQcategoryZ1504QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does this mean it’s used and not new?

I have no idea, you would have to ask the seller for clarification.